Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Required articles?

Have an early xbox 360 - non hdmi that the drive is finally giving up the ghost.

Should I attempt to RGH mod it and what would I need to complete it, or would it be best to go out and get a newer console first?

Cheers
    Buck

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Required articles?

If its got no hdmi port then its not worth doing im afraid as the glitch times on it are horrific! They can take upto a hour to glitch and then its not always guaranteed so its just not worth it. Your better off putting it on ebay with a faulty drive and getting hold of another console. The jasper model(the later of the phat consoles) or the trinity models the first of the slims are the better ones to get. You can now do the corona which is the newer ones but tbh ive not glitched one yet and i just dont know how long they take to glitch. The trinity can take upto 30 seconds but the jaspers and falcons i have done have been pretty quick as nao and alan007 will testify Hidden Content

If your going to have a go yourself i would recomend the coolrunner chip to install in the console and i would also recommend the nandx from team xecuter as they have served me very well. Dont use the qsb boards you get with them they will give you grief! Better off just installing the wires as it is alot more stable Hidden Content The best program i have found for doing all the files for you is jrunner as it has all the wiring diagrams in it you need, has all the programs you need to read the nand, build the image to get the cpu key and then to finally build the freeboot image After that your good to go Hidden Content

When you first do it your better off reading everything and reading it again and then guess what read it again Hidden Content then follow it step buy step and you cant go wrong. First one i did took over 8 hours now i can do a virgin box from start to finish in less than 30 mins Hidden Content It looks hard to start with but its not as long as you follow every step one step at a time. After you have done it for the first time and a new dashboard update comes out all you have to do is load your nand into jrunner with your cpu key, make a new image and flash the xbox via usb and your done Hidden Content takes 5 mins and your all up to date again Hidden Content

You can go down the route of getting a demon. Now while it seems like a good idea to have a glitched xbox and then you can switch nands and still go on live it is a pain in the neck to do! So many wires and q few of them are a pain in the neck to do!

All food for thought for you mate hope that this helps and i havent confused you tooooooooooo much Hidden Content
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids!

Be the change you want to see in the world

Post Thanks
    Chats

Cheers TT, nothing like confusing someone who is already losing the plot!

You said not to use the QSB's, do you mean the ones supplied on the team xecuter nand x usb 360 programmer kit? was going to buy one of these just so i had all the bits in one package for jtag / nand, or do you mean just for the coolrunner installation?

I am really just lost, I have a phat elite with hdmi so could do that one. Just worried about the soldering side - long time since I done a ps1 chip! And even then it took me about 4 attempts.

More reading me thinks is required, and if in doubt - just wont do it - the kids would kill me if both didnt work!

Buck

Post Thanks
    Chats

Any of the QSBs are a pain Hidden Content I hate them tried using them twice and just gave up in the end as they are so unpredicatable !! Even on TX site they say dont use them as they say they are rubbish!!

The other thing is what dashboard version is it on??
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids!

Be the change you want to see in the world