Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  11
    Post Thanks
    Chats

new Now this looks a real bargain- USB 3 memory stick 64GB ?24.49 inc delivery!

A big 64 gb swivel type memory stick for usb 3, which should have a fast transfer rate is on special offer at 7dayshop. Hidden Content
    Sounds like a bargain to grab while you can to me?

Hidden Content

Good luck bargain hunters! Hidden Content

7dayshop Product Promise?
    Please do not be put off by our ultra low price. This 7dayshop product is top quality and for your complete assurance and peace of mind we offer a 5 year warranty on this 7dayshop key-drive. And please remember if for any reason whatsoever you are not 101% delighted with this product, please return to us within 30 days of receipt for a full refund of the purchase price paid!
    Last edited by Diablo13; 11-06-2012 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Added 5 year guarantee details.

Im Special
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Now this looks a real bargain- USB 3 memory stick 64GB ?24.49 inc delivery!

got to get me one of these sweet find Hidden Content

3. Thanks Diablo13 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Bump!
    These fast bargain sticks are still on offer at ?24.49 in case new members missed it and want to take advantage?

5. Likes BraveHeart liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Well done for the find and thanks for sharing, it is a bargain. Hidden Content

For those of you wanting the full speed of a USB 3.0 drive though, you may want to look elsewhere.

To put it into perspective some USB 3.0 drives will do 120MB/sec Read and 80MB/sec Write.

If it's space you need, I would defy anyone to find a memory stick for less than this though. Hidden Content
    Last edited by Matthew John Meadowcroft; 19-06-2012 at 12:08 AM.

7. Thanks Diablo13 thanked for this post
    Likes Diablo13 liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Diablo13 Hidden Content
    Bump!
    These fast bargain sticks are still on offer at ?24.49 in case new members missed it and want to take advantage?
    one thing I am kinda worried about with usb 3 sticks is, ok it will work fine with my motherboard as i have usb 3 compatibility, but what about the other device such as my media box and tv and things like that, I know that they aint usb 3 compatible, I doubt there is any that are yet, I know in theory they should just run at usb 2 level then, but then I know that anything usb 3 isnt compatible with usb 1, so that may be something for people just to check before they jump in and buy these as some hardware tv's/etc may still be running on glorious old usb 1, i would like to think that mostly all things over the past few years though has at least been upgraded to usb 2, if so, no problems Hidden Content Good post and good shout either way mate Hidden Content

(I.E - usb 3 is compatible with usb 2, but not usb 1, that simplifies it for those that dont understand this kind of thing very well)
    Last edited by BraveHeart; 18-06-2012 at 04:39 AM. Reason: spelling

9. Thanks Diablo13 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

USB 2 has been out for years, so I doubt any of the decent kit still has USB 1 only on it.
    Unless it is really old it will be usb 2, which is compatible with usb 3 as you know, at the slower speed.
    USB 3 has 9 contacts and carries double the power of usb 2 with its 5 contacts.

11. Thanks plasterer thanked for this post
    Likes BraveHeart liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Good deal. USB 3 obviously superior to usb 2 but not all usb 3 sticks perform equally unfortunately. Any one have any experience of this stick in particular, read and write speeds would be useful.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Also interested to know if anyone's picked up one of these sticks and tested it (i.e. filled it to near capacity). I've been bitten before with crappy USB sticks - a Belkin 8Gb one started behaving oddly and getting loads of write errors and I've heard tales of unbranded trash from eBay.

Whilst this looks like an absolute bargain, I can't help thinking it's just *too* cheap to be reliable..?

Post Thanks
    Chats

It's nice to see USB 3 memory sticks, however I am a bit cynical about the difference between the interface speed and the memory speed. For instance if the memory speed is the constraining factor I don't think there will be much of a benefit from upgrading. I tend to stick to Sandisk because their sticks are tough. I simply destroy the cheaper ones within weeks.

Post Thanks
    Chats

I got one of these USB sticks delivered yesterday and it does exactly what it says on the tin Hidden Content Transfer speeds are very good not sure what they would be like on USB 3 as i havent got on ports that are USB 3 but it works fine on USB 2 without any problems. Very fast transfer rate and works well on my LG Blue Ray player. Looks like my 20 gig external hard drive has found a new home in the draw Hidden Content
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids!

Be the change you want to see in the world

16. Thanks Diablo13, DessertDog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Can anyone tell me how many minutes of tv recording this will hold please.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by olly Hidden Content
    Can anyone tell me how many minutes of tv recording this will hold please.
    depends on the quality olly. Videos take up a lot of room. You can figure approximately 4.7 gigabytes for a 2 hour DVD. An HD DVD can take up to 10 GB of space.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru

19. Thanks DessertDog, olly, tinkertiler thanked for this post