Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks
    Chats

HP Touts Windows 8 Tablet This Year

Apple, Asus, and Samsung, look out -- HP is again jumping into the tablet fray.
    At a conference in Shanghai this week Hewlett-Packard executives have been touting the company?s reentry into the tablet market, this time with models running Microsoft's new Windows 8 operating system. That?s according to the Bangkok Post, which quotes HP big shots who say the move capitalizes on the high numbers of consumers investing in tablets and the fact that Windows 8 will let them share and store content online between different devices.
    This isn?t HP?s first foray into tablets. If you recall, last summer the company introduced the short-lived TouchPad but by the end of August was already clearing out inventory by drastically reducing the price of its webOS slate. By the end of the year HP announced it would release webOS to the open-source community, following its decision to stop making phones and tablets using the software.
    But with Windows 8 on board, HP?s new tablet will likely fare far better than the TouchPad did.
    ?The concept of a worthy Windows tablet has been a sort of Holy Grail since the launch of the Apple iPad. Windows 8, with its Metro interface, and compatibility with ARM architecture devices has established an expectation that Windows 8 tablets will fill the void Android tablets have been unable to, and provide some worthwhile competition for Apple

Hidden Content
    wods trivia challenge - Daily Trivia Game

For all your fish keeping needs
    I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here
    Thanks in advance its very much appreciated:)

2. Thanks Diablo13, dave_moore thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: HP Touts Windows 8 Tablet This Year

After the touchpad died pretty quickly, and with a largely untested Win 8 OS on it, I don't think I would like to take the risk on it?
    Not with other tried and tested established models available?
    I think the prices would have to be much lower for HP to get established in the current market?

4. Likes thelostone liked this post
    Legend
    Post Thanks
    Chats

The Touchpad was a massive hit when they basically gave it away at ?99 I tried many times to grab one when it was at that price and sold out all time within seconds, even crashing many sites. It was also the biggest thread in HUKD history.

I think it's all in the price. If you look at Kindle Fire in USA it's a big hit because it's a cheap android tablet but with good hardware, not like many of the chinese knock offs.

6. Thanks Diablo13 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

If only HP will sell the new one at 99 quid, that would be guaranteed to be a big hit as well! Hidden Content

8. Thanks Pejazzle thanked for this post
    Likes Pejazzle liked this post