This is taken from IGN and the author is Matt Fowler.

Wrestling Wrap Up: Brock Lesnar Returns!

Yes, the former UFC Champ, and Undisputed WWE Champ, is back. Plus, CM Punk's bourbon bath, Miami loves Daniel Bryan and...I MET DAFFNEY!

Okay, so I technically
wasn't going to do a Wrap Up this week, as I usually never do one the week after 'Mania, but given the big events that happened last night on Hidden Content , I'm gonna squeak one out "silent gym fart"-style. Of course, I only think my gym farts are silent because I'm wearing big headphones and blasting Psychotica into my ear holes. But no one's called the manager on me yet so I take that as a good sign. To continue my unrelenting fart marathon.

Hidden Content

So BROCK IS BACK! Look, I wasn't a giant Lesnar fan back in the day, but I thought he had some really amazing matches with "Big Evil" Undertaker and Kurt Angle. I definitely recognized him as an impressive, adept "specimen" though. So him walking out and F-5ing the "honor in defeat" out of
Hidden Content
last night was pretty amazing. And proof to the WWE, I hope, that
just because we know something's coming doesn't mean we don't still want to see it happen. I know they love to surprise us and hate it when we predict things, even changing entire storylines (for the worse) to thwart expectations, but this was a great example of the audience calling for something and then having it delivered into their laps. The news that Lesnar had re-signed with the WWE was all over the net on Saturday and then Sunday it was revealed that he was also in Miami. So the WrestleMania crowd of around 78,000 were already salivating for him during the Pay Per View, expecting him to run-in at some point during the show. The "We Want Lesnar" chants could be heard often during the event, with people wondering if he'd get involved in the Taker/Triple H match or the Rock/Cena match.

Hidden Content

I'm sort of burying the co-lead here since I should mention, for those who might not know, that I was at 'Mania this weekend in Miami, getting to go to the Hall of Fame Ceremony (where Dusty got to pronounce Horsemen as "Hossmin" all night) and then 'Mania itself. Now, normally I just do
Hidden Content
and skip the Wrap Up, because honestly, as strange as this might sound, there's less to write about when you go see an event live. I don't hear all the audio in the backstage segments. I don't hear the awful commentary. I can't really see if, say,
Hidden Content
has an embarrassing HD booger on his face. Going to a live event is a blast, but it's harder to convey the live fan experience. Or, at least, it's harder to be funny about it. I will say this though - and this also feeds into the RAW recap as well – the Miami crowd was the f***ing best crowd I've seen and heard in years. YEARS! I mean, they were the most audibly smart and appreciative group of a-holes ever. I wish I could bottle their essence. I wish I could grind them up, turn them into scented bath salt and soak in them nightly. They should all be hired to be the WWE's travelling audience.

Hidden Content

I first noticed them at WrestleMania with, yes, the "YES!" chants. Which were extremely prominent even before 'Mania was on the air. This crowd, seemingly out of nowhere (given the TV crowds the past few months) loved the s*** out of
Hidden Content
. Again though, with the way crowd chants catch on, it could very well be that they all just love chanting "YES!" more than they actually love Bryan, but I take the fact that they booed the hell out of
Hidden Content
at 'Mania and RAW as a sign that their heads are on straight. So now what? What does the WWE do with this? Have they been editing out "Yes!" chants on TV? Or did the iron
just strike with Bryan this past weekend? Either way, the brief Brogue Kick win over Bryan was probably the worst booking they could have done given the crowd. The Big Show/Cody Rhodes match should have ended with a five second knock out, not the World Heavyweight Title match. So it seems like the WWE really didn't expect the Bryan supporters. Because after the fans got done chanting "This is Bulls***!" they chanted "Daniel Bryan!" all through the Kane/Orton match and the Show/Cody match. They took a break during the Hell in a Cell bout, but then brought it back for the Divas.

Check out Daniel Bryan addressing the crowd after RAW last night, and popping the place like a nerd-beast...

Hidden Content

And so there the "YES!" chants were again last night on RAW. During the awesome Punk/Henry match – almost taking the place of the "What?" chants in a way. And one would think that, with this kind of support from the fans, the WWE would keep Bryan in the title picture, if not even have him win the title back. So when
Hidden Content
came out (getting some righteous "Si!" chants), I don't think it's what anyone truly wanted. Of course, Del Rio is majorly over in Miami too, so it wasn't all bad. But I don't know if anyone wants Del Rio taking Bryan's spot. I mean, it's clear, after his shocking mid-card loss to Kane, that Orton's being kept out of the title scene for a while. That's usually what a Kane feud means, right? So I'm hopeful that they'll keep the Bryan fires burning bright, figuring Del Rio into the mix
in some way that doesn't rob Bryan of a decent rematch feud.

Hidden Content

But let's talk a bit about what
Hidden Content
did last night. I was at the pre-Mania press conference when Cena was asked about a possible heel-turn down the line. He said something that I don't agree with, that you have to be part-bad person to be a heel (What the who?), and that he'd fight a heel turn "tooth and nail." He mentioned the Make-A-Wish Kids and it's clear that, while most big heel turns are done for, well, business and the prospect of making a lot of money, he's not interested in exploring any other side of the coin. He, unfortunately, IS HIS CHARACTER. He's in too deep as himself. He's dug in. But there was still a question, after his (I would say) very surprising clean Mania loss to
Hidden Content
, about his mindset. But he came out last night and was, well, the same as always. Humble. But then Lesnar came out, after the crowd chanted for him for five minutes, and gave Cena his second major trouncing in as many nights. Leaving people wondering why Cena is being stampeded by all the returning legends. It seems like overkill. It reminds me of poor Sansa Stark in Game of Thrones. Yes, you didn't like her and want to see her pay for being blindly in love with Joffrey, but not like this. Not like what's happened to her. So, like a voodoo, blood magic-based revenge scheme, the punishment far outweighs the original slight.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

So, in a bit of a repeat move, HOW WILL CENA REACT TO WHAT LESNAR DID TO HIM? Will we now, each week, wonder how Cena is going to react to getting his ass beat by someone? Because if he's just going to keep turning the other cheek, honorably accepting his lumps, then there's no point. No payoff. This has to lead to something. And I say that as someone who critiques stories. TV stories. Grownups boo the living hell out of Cena because he represents the stagnant status quo. He's CSI while other guys get to be Breaking Bad and The Wire. He's dependable, formulaic, with no character development. And lots of semen stains.

Hidden Content
Hidden Content

And yup, I was right when I called
Hidden Content
eventually breaking out a bottle and pouring hooch (the drunken timekeeper's giant two-bottle stash of Jack?) on
Hidden Content
. That's right. Me. Correctly calling something. Doesn't happen that often. And even though I wasn't exactly looking forward to it, I'm glad it didn't happen during the WrestleMania match. And that, despite the opening moments when Jericho was trying to get Punk to DQ himself, the match was kept pure. Same goes for Rock/Cena. Glad they saved Lesnar for
Hidden Content
. And, for those who don't remember, Lesnar attacking Cena makes roundabout sense since it was Lesnar that first gave Cena his big break, with the thuganomics rap feud and the F-U finishing move.

Hidden Content
Hidden Content
Hidden Content
Hidden Content

Let's see, what else happened on RAW? The former A-Train, now the thankfully shaven Lord Tensai, popped up last night, squashing Alex Riley. He even busted out an anachronistically-amazing CLAW maneuver.
Hidden Content
, who many resent for taking up a segment at 'Mania when
Hidden Content
got screwed, actually inserted himself into a storyline, siding with
Hidden Content
against Zig-Swag.
Hidden Content
got to beat Ryder again. Oh, and The Rock got to come out and make an open, eventual, someday challenge for the WWE Championship. Which makes me wonder if his rematch with Cena will be for the belt. Because now that Rock's made that claim, and Lesnar's in the mix, it will be interesting to see how much longer Punk will hold onto the thing.

Hidden Content

I have been watching TNA Hidden Content , but not very intently. It's still fine, but the storyline now, aside from Roode and Hidden Content building up to their match at Lockdown, is Hidden Content stepping down as GM and now-good guy Hidden Content stepping back in. It feels way too cyclical and circular for my taste and…it actually makes me take a long, hard look at the importance of the 'Wrestling GM.' Man, what a position that's become. While tag teams have evaporated, for the most part, into the o-zone, the GM position is almost an absolute necessity these days. And, in most cases, totally shapes the tone and enjoyment factor of the show. I kind of think it's gotten so big that we need to destroy it. For the sake of the business. Just a little bit. Take it down a notch. Remember, at one point it got so bad that the WWE had no idea WHO to make GM so they cast a laptop. And even then they couldn't decide, week to week, if the laptop was a face or a heel.
Hidden Content