Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  4
    Legend
    Post Thanks
    Chats

John Cena Talks Legitimate Heat With The Rock

John Cena recently appeared on the Hot Clicks podcast and talked about his upcoming match with the Rock at WrestleMania 28. During the interview, Cena admitted that announcing the match a year in advance made him "nervous."
    "Once you announce something and bill it as the biggest ever, you want to be able to deliver," said Cena. "You want it to live up to the hype, so you realize [that] you have to keep this interesting for one year."

Cena also discussed his legitimate heat with The Rock, citing the way Rock does business as the source for the heat between the two superstars.

"I congratulate him on all his success," said Cena. "He's had a Hall of Fame career in WWE, his movies have grossed over a billion dollars worldwide. If it was my career path, I would have done it differently. A lot of the decisions he's made, a lot of the people he's pissed off... I would have done it differently. I just don't agree with a lot of the decisions he's made."

When asked specifically about what decisions he disagrees with, Cena replied, "coming and going. I'm a company guy." However, when asked if Rock should have just left and not returned, Cena said, "Nope."

"Just all that time being gone, and the total process he took to re-invent himself... I can show you magazine covers that say 'The Rock Is Dead,' or him doing an interview ringside at a UFC event saying, 'ah, I'm never going back to wrestling.' Just talking bad about the vehicle that got you to the dance, just to further yourself and then when the dust settles, wanting to come back to the dance. Cool, I commend him for coming back, but I'll be the guy that says, 'Hey man, since you've been gone, I've been very proud to be a part of this company,' And I know that sometimes it gets me a lot of heat with some people saying 'I'm a company guy,' [but] I don't care. I'm proud I'm a company guy."

When asked if other WWE superstars felt the same way, Cena replied, "I think I feel that way... and I don't have to speak for everyone else."

When it was brought up that CM Punk recently stated that The Rock keeps to himself backstage, Cena agreed.

"That's what I see," he said. "I'm walking the halls of the arena constantly, and that's what I see. So you have at least two guys who say that."

Cena did go on to admit that the match is the biggest of his career.

"It is a once in a lifetime match, and it is the biggest match of my career," Cena admitted. "And I think that edge of realism where we truly don't get along, makes it even better."

Hidden Content

2. Thanks Diablo13, daveking1979 thanked for this post
    Likes Diablo13, daveking1979 liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: John Cena Talks Legitimate Heat With The Rock

The Rocks too stuck up his own ring to want to mix!
    Well said Cena, many people might not like you being a "company man", but since when has loyalty been a dirty word?

4. Thanks Pejazzle, daveking1979 thanked for this post
    Likes Pejazzle, daveking1979 liked this post