Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Christmas tree thief caught by trail of pine needles

A Christmas tree thief has been caught after accidentally leaving a trail of pine needles to his home.

Police officers followed the foliage for half a mile and discovered the stolen goods dumped in a garden in West Yorkshire.

When they entered the house, they also found a cannabis farm and arrested a 17-year-old on suspicion of burglary and cultivating cannabis. He was bailed pending further enquiries.

The trees were stolen from Park House Nurseries in West Yorkshire, and boss John Dacre joined the police on their search.

He said "It happened in the early hours. I got up to find the Christmas trees had gone, along with wrought iron tree stands, holly wreaths, some little conifer trees decorated with 'snow' and bird tables.

"I called the police, they were here within minutes and we found this trail of pine needles. The funny thing is that they were supposed to be low needle drop trees which don't shed so easily, but thankfully they dropped enough for us to follow.

"All the time I was thinking the trail would end, but while the needles got less and less, it just carried on. The police were brilliant."

A police spokesman confirmed that the pine needles led officers to the house, adding: "As an extra present, officers also found a cannabis farm at the address."

The thief is pining for quick verdict!!!

2. Likes Diablo13 liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Christmas tree thief caught by trail of pine needles

That thief must have got some of the Christmas spirit into him, but I'll bet he was needled when the cops found his "dream" garden! Hidden Content

Proof that the low needle drop trees were a con though,................I wonder how the owner would have felt if he got done under the trades description act? Hidden Content