Legend
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: WWE Tough Enough Season 5 Episode 8

Legend
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Wow Andy really got the piss well and truly taken out of him there almost made me feel sorry for him. I know AJ was pretty crap in the ring but hes damn good at promos!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thanks to both of you for posting, been looking forward to seeing this weeks episode.
    Will watch it later and comment. Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

While you have to be a skillful wrestler to pull off the moves, believably and without injuring people, it is the promos that make people believe in your character!
    You have to be an extrovert to be able to get up in front of strangers, start talking and keep talking to both amuse and inform. The bus trip showed up that weakness in most of them, although it was a bit unfair for them to have to do it completely unprepared!
    Wrestlers have story writers in the background who tell them where their character is going. By the time they get in the ring they know their opponents characters, roughly what they have to say and what it is like in front of a live audience .
    A lot of that confidence comes after Tough Enough, when they have their contract. It has to be said that farm boy Jeremiah both surprised and impressed me with his open way of talking to people seeming to come naturally.
    I think the choices were spot on tonight.
    Christina came back with her injury, which was good but she completely failed at promos and being upfront and positive about herself. She is just too mousy sounding to be able to perform, even as an interviewer at this stage.
    Aj made a good promo, but he talks the talk without walking the walk! He is overconfident in his mediocre ability so I am glad he went.
    Andy is a bit of a surprise still being there. He is a quiet gentle giant who has been in the background all series, hardly being noticed but not really doing anything wrong. His problem is that he is just too nice a bloke and is not used to speaking up forcefully when things upset him. Steve Austin took him apart and it had the right effect of making him angry, but it was spoilt by the fact he was crying at the same time. With his looks and size he could be another Edge?
    IF he can get used to using his menacing side and actually sounding mean, I think he has potential and I would like to see him get the chance?
    Luke I just don't like after last weeks enjoyment of the others injuries, so the least said about him the better and he should go.
    Jeremiah, the yokel sounding surprise performer. He has personality, can think on his feet and talk to people. He is strong and performs reasonably in the ring.
    He should be this seasons winner now, but, as was repeated again tonight he is dangerous! He has the strength but is either not quick or agile enough to control it, which means he will hurt people.
    He reminds me of one of my old favourits The Ultimate Warrior. He had great physique and power with a huge in ring presence. The fans loved him, but the other wrestlers didn't!
    James Hellwig believed too much in his warrior character and consequently when he got in the ring he didn't c
    ontrol his own strength and frequently hurt people for real!
    That is the problem, at the moment with Jeremiah.

There's unfortunately only a couple of shows left in this series I think, so who do you think will win?
    My guess, despite reservations, has to be Jeremiah.
    But a part of me would really like to see Andy, the quiet family man with his "Silent Rage" character which suits the man so perfectly, pull the rabbit out of the hat and win the contract!

Legend
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Id like to see Jeremiah win but I have a bad feeling Luke will win it.