Retired Grumpy Grandad notanotherone's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats

VIX Team Vu+ Duo Image v2.0 - 09/02/2011

New VIX Image - v2.0
    07/02/2011 - Open PLi 2.0
    From VIX Team
    Based on Open PLi 2.0
    Yes, you read that correct. We have changed source (hence the long delay in release) to the Open PLi base. Many thanks to them for allowing us to use their base . If they wish to see any of the source code (without ViX specific enhancements of course ), just pm andyblac or Sicilian, and we will gladly send them on to them.
    Since this is a completely new base, you will have to do a full fresh flash. Online updates will not work!!! Also, you will not be able to restore your settings from ViX 1.3 to 2.0. You will have to manually configure your box, as in testing, this has proven to cause many problems and instabilities in the box!
    Enigma: 08-02-2011.
    Enigma Plugins: 08-02-2011.
    GCC Version: 4.4.4.
    Drivers: 20110208
    New Enhancements in v2.0
    As already stated, this version of the release has a completely new base. This has required a lot of recoding to get the ViX enchancements working in the new PLi base... Of course, the image has the same enhancements as previous images, apart from some new additions
    * All new version number - Yup, we've moved on to version 2.0! This has nothing to do with the fact that the PLi version is 2.0... We felt that the addition of the dvb-t (wait for it keep reading ) warranted a brand new version number. This also puts the duo and solo in line number wise!
    * VIX Duo 2.0 Bootlogos, Radio Logos and Shutdown Logos (thanks again Silver )
    * Core changes to plugins and code to allow ViX features to work on Open PLi
    * USB DTT - The one you've all been waiting for! To install dvb-t, you just need to go to the plugin menu, and select the stick you have. This will then install the drivers for your stick*. You will then need to restart your receiver. Once restarted, go to Menu -> Setup -> Service Starting -> Tuner Config, and you should notice Tuner C as your USB DTT...
    * ViX Quick Event Info - This is the new way to receive the event info on the ViX image. Press OK button once to get the info bar up, press it once more (i.e. a second time) to receive the information about what is currently showing...
    * New ViX Single EPG (with channel preview) - The is new and unique to vix, after yuo open the ViX single EPG (short RED) you can view the 7 day epg for that channel, now to see another channels epg, either use the Channel up/down buttons on your remote or just key in the channel number. if you want to preview the channel your currently viewing the EPG for (ie you want to see what the current program is like) just press 'OK' on your remote, this will change to that channel showing you the program in the small video window. if you don't like it, go find another channel to preview by keying in new channel number (or up/down buttons). or if you do like it and want to go fullscreen on it, just press 'OK' again. but if you feel you want to return to the original channel you where watching (whilst still in ViX Single EPG) just press 'EXIT" button, this will return to where you where before you entered ViX Single EPG)
    * QuickEPG Updated to include channel preview - works as above
    * Debug Logs - This is to enable a better idea of what's been happening with the image for any crashes ... If your box crashes, check the /home/root/ folder, and look for a file that has the date/time modified as to when the box crashed. This can help find any bugs/issues easier To enable/disable this option, go to the ViX Settings. To clear the debug logs, choose yes. This will just delete the debug logs once. If you want to delete the logs again, just go back in to the menu, and change to yes again...
    * Bigger skin choice - OK, lots of people wanted a bigger choice of skins ... we've added lots more skins Also, most skins made for PLi 2.0 should work in ViX 2.0 also. If there are certain parts of the skin not edited for the ViX format (such as ViX menu, ViX Devices Manager, etc), then this should still work just fine. These menus have been hard coded to ensure that they will work if nothing included in to the skin...
    * Added option to disable ViX coloured buttons - This should ensure that if users want to use MultiQuick button plugin, it should work without issue
    * All of the PLi enhancements - This includes the infamous subtitles requested by many As well as auto audio/subtitle language selection, etc, etc).
    * Please also note that USB / ESATA devices NEED there mount points setup in Device Manager (green button whilst in Device Manager) in order for them to work correctly.
    * Supported USB DVB-T:
    Avermedia Volar HD Nano
    Sundtek Media TV Pro
    WinTV Nova T
    Bug Fixes in v2.0
    * Motor moving image does not display - Fixed by Vu in latest drivers.
    * Installing other skins may cause the box to get into an infinite loop - Since moving over to the PLi image, changes have been made to the way the image works with skins. Now, most skins created for the PLi image should work on the ViX image.
    Button Mappings
    * Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
    * Long Red*** - Show current event.
    * Short Green** & *** - Timers.
    * Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
    * Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
    * Long Yellow*** - IMDB Database.
    * Short Blue - Extensions.
    * Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
    * EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
    * Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
    ** Can be changed in ViX Menu
    *** Can be turned off in ViX Menu
    Known Bugs
    * Front VFD display showing the play button at the end of a video unless it is stopped manually - Problem with drivers, reported to VU+.
    * Few problems with WebIf Remote Control coloured buttons in timeshift/playback mode - E.G. The blue button decides to fast forward, not show the extensions menu.
    * Network mounts not remounting if the source goes offline - You should be able to go in to the network menu, and choose "Mount Again", but this doesn't seem to be working.
    Special thanks to the following members:
    * rytec - for his continued support.
    * PLi Team for their great base image and allowing us to use it.
    * zoka.cc for his Picon sets
    * Coolman and all other developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
    * All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image and DTT working

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

ive not had time to upload the full image collection if i get time tonight ill do it but maybe if i dont will someone be able to reopen this so that i can ?

Code:
    NFI Installer: Hidden Content USB Installer: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O7JY35QS
    wii #5344 2071 8397 4304
    Hidden Content
    Trust me the devil allways wins ,no matter how hard we resist

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: VIX Team Vu+ Duo Image v2.0 - 09/02/2011

Is anyone using this yet before I jump in and upgrade mine?
    Welcome to World of Digital

Hidden Content

I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate click below

Hidden Content <<<< Click to Donate.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Going by the amount of downloads you know where and at the mirror site I'd say well over a thousand users Hidden Content In the last 24-48 hours alone Hidden Content
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Well if its an improved version of 1.3 then it will be a winner, will probably upgrade when i get a couple days off as it says you have to redo all settings from scratch.

Hidden Content

I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate click below

Post Thanks
    Chats

When you flash the new image and have to redo all your settings, does this mean you have to re setup your external Coff Splutter Hidden Content settings link as well?
    Been holding off upgrading for this reason so far, in case I lose connection to the server!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Diablo13 Hidden Content
    When you flash the new image and have to redo all your settings, does this mean you have to re setup your external Coff Splutter Hidden Content settings link as well?
    Been holding off upgrading for this reason so far, in case I lose connection to the server!

Copy the coff config file and when you reinstall it coff copy it coff back Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Retired Grumpy Grandad notanotherone's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats

as Red says copy ALL your important stuff and tbh you should have a copy of them just in case you had any accidents i allways have a back-up image and all the important stuff in a file ,i also tend to keep a copy of my up-to date bouquets ,every time i find new channles or do a scan and change the bouquets i keep a copy of everything
    wii #5344 2071 8397 4304
    Hidden Content
    Trust me the devil allways wins ,no matter how hard we resist

Post Thanks
    Chats

An update on this

Installed it today and spent a good hour trying to get wireless connection, does not support generic wireless adapters.

Now reverted back to 1.3 wireless working fine, however this installed a different cccam which I cant seem to get to work, the option to install the version i had prior isnt there so looks like a spot of reading how to remove ccCam and readd.

anyone know how let me know, this is a very different setup to 1.3 if your wired then no problem, wireless unless you have the dongle it supports for get it.

Unless someone knows different?

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

A techy friend of mine cozmo tried the new image and got problems as well!
    He is not running his wirelessly, but the incompatibility with his current cam means that at the moment the new image is no good for us either! Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Its screwed mine up too seems its got its own inbuilt version.

work in progress

Hidden Content