Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Talking Can I ask for all your help here please.

Ive save myself enough money for the vu+ plus duo.

I have read there is newer versions that are the version I should be buying, think the other had older codes or summit, I dunno ?

Can I call on the help of the few people in here who have expertise in these boxs to advice me please and rememeber I am a total novice coming from cable c/s, I beleive all i need is the latest vu+ duo and then I know someone who will supply me with a C-line already, maybe i could have some pm's about better or not so good of c-cline guys to go with though.

I only have a fixed Sky dish and its communal, so there wont be a motor getting fitted, I am just purley wanting this to get the full sly package.

I best not say much more.

look forward to a chinwig soon with ya all Hidden Content

Oh, and best and most reliable retailer to buy from would help, and of course a good deal.

Do I need anything else to get me going ?

edit : guess i will need the best image flashed onto it for what i want it to do or will the shop do that for me if i ask ? if not i will need help with too but lets do one thing at a time.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Can I ask for all your help here please.

Hidden Content Originally Posted by BraveHeart Hidden Content

Oh, and best and most reliable retailer to buy from would help, and of course a good deal.
    Why dont you have a word with the new forum sponsor, He's offered to try his best to match or beat anyone else's prices. Hidden Content
    gяσωιηg σℓ∂ ιѕ мαη∂αтσяу; gяσωιηg υρ ιѕ σρтισηαℓ.
    If you would like to help with the running costs of the site click below

Hidden Content
    Honesty is better than sugar coated bullsh!t

Post Thanks
    Chats

This is the best current image for the Duo Hidden Content

Not sure if we'd be allowed to post a reliable retailers name because of the forum sponsor.
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Talking Re: Can I ask for all your help here please.

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Sicilian Hidden Content
    This is the best current image for the Duo Hidden Content

Not sure if we'd be allowed to post a reliable retailers name because of the forum sponsor.
    thanks man, need to get the thing first, Hidden Content .

where and who show i buy from and is it right enough that theres some older versions thats best to avoid ?

i know berley says the forum sponsor, but i was just wondering, as ya do, Hidden Content .

Post Thanks
    Chats

We would try and match or beat any price you get m8.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by The-Sat-store Hidden Content
    We would try and match or beat any price you get m8.
    Have you actually got any stock?

If a customer goes to your receivers category it shows as available Hidden Content and allows a potential customer to place in basket thinking its available, is the customer then allowed to make a full purchase thinking its in stock? If you then click on View it shows as out of stock Hidden Content , see screenshots, its kind of misleading to potential customers.

Just thought I'd point this out to the sponsor, could help avoid disappointed customers Hidden Content
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

where and who show i buy from and is it right enough that theres some older versions thats best to avoid ?

i know berley says the forum sponsor, but i was just wondering, as ya do, Hidden Content .
    I would send our forum sponsor a PM first m8 ......as he helps to keep WOD running and see what deals he can do for you Hidden Content

I have one of the first ones that came out with the black remote, the new ones have a white remote dont think there is anythink else that as changed much on it, expect the softwear, which we all can get from WOD and mine works 100%

Regards Gazer
    Hidden Content
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal!
    All the files available on this forum are kept for experimental and educational purpose only!

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Gazer Hidden Content
    I have one of the first ones that came out with the black remote, the new ones have a white remote dont think there is anythink else that as changed much on it, expect the softwear, which we all can get from WOD and mine works 100%

Regards Gazer
    Thats not entirely correct, sorry.

Some of the early receivers came with white remotes. Receivers with with motherboard revision 1.3 onwards supported deep standby recording. So the hardware changed to support deep standby recording. Latest revision is 2.3.

Post Thanks
    Chats

I remember when you first posted about getting yours Sic.
    It was the first time I had heard of the VU duo and when you posted the photos we agreed about them putting a white remote with a black receiver with being a bit daft!
    Thanks for the clarification about the motherboard as this seems like a useful power saving feature to have? Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content

i was sure there was a post up here earlier saaying they would beat any price, but the post have gone?

that post is an example, i'm just trying to get the best thing from a good source, know what i mean guys, i couldnt care less who it is as long as it the very latest version.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content
    i was sure there was a post up here earlier saaying they would beat any price, but the post have gone?
    that post is an example, i'm just trying to get the best thing from a good source, know what i mean guys, i couldnt care less who it is as long as it the very latest version.
    I'd check if they've actually got any stock. Not many retailers have stock and they're rapidly selling out again. Next batch aren't due until End Nov/Early December.

Post Thanks
    Chats

i'm just trying to get the best thing from a good source, know what i mean guys, i couldnt care less who it is as long as it the very latest version.
    That's understandable everyone wants to get the best that they can, hence the reason the sponsor has offered to try his best to beat or price match. If you buy from the sponsor your helping to support WOD at the same time.
    gяσωιηg σℓ∂ ιѕ мαη∂αтσяу; gяσωιηg υρ ιѕ σρтισηαℓ.
    If you would like to help with the running costs of the site click below

Hidden Content
    Honesty is better than sugar coated bullsh!t

Post Thanks
    Chats

so how would you know if it has or hasnt got "Some of the early receivers came with white remotes. Receivers with with motherboard revision 1.3 onwards supported deep standby recording. So the hardware changed to support deep standby recording. Latest revision is 2.3." ?

would you just have to ask the seller and trust them ?? i guess the website sponsor has the lastest versions ? but no stock, Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Its usually best to ask the seller direct about the models they have in stock, or are expecting.
    A reputable seller will tell you the truth about model numbers etc, there is little point in doing otherwise as you would just return it if it was an older model which you didn't want!
    Judging by the speed the VU Duo machines sell, all new stock will be latest version stock.
    So you would really only get a problem if you bought cheap, used from ebay or the like?