Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Error (2003)

Post Thanks
    Chats

Error (2003)

i have an iphone that has been on firmware 3.0 for ages, well since 3.0 came out Hidden Content

so as more and more apps need the latest firmware i thought i would update it, i got 4.1

iPhone1,2_4.1_8B117_Restore

restored the phone via the standard way, hold shift key and select the firmware

it loaded ready to take limera1n,

now on limera1n i got it in DFU mode but it just hung there, left it for about an hour and then decided to reset the phone and try again

ive tried again but am unable to get it into DFU mode again, including trying greenpois0n

so i thought sod it just restore the phone fully and wait for a hack, on using itunes to restore to the latest version i get a 2003 error

Hidden Content

im using XP Pro ion 2002 with SP3

i do have a laptop with vista home on it i could try but havent yet

as the firmware loaded before on this pc i can only assume the pc and lead are fine, a fully restart of the pc didnt help

any ideas?
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Error (2003)

Try changing your iphone usb cable to a different usb port sparky, that sometimes does the trick.
    gяσωιηg σℓ∂ ιѕ мαη∂αтσяу; gяσωιηg υρ ιѕ σρтισηαℓ.
    If you would like to help with the running costs of the site click below

Hidden Content
    Honesty is better than sugar coated bullsh!t

Post Thanks
    Chats

sorted pheHidden Content src="images/smilies/lolz1.gif" border="0" alt="" title="lolz" class="inlineimg" />

i had redsn0w 0.9.2 but it wouldnt reconise the restore firmware, downloaded 0.9.5 beta 5 and you then load on firmware 4.0
    (iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore)

it is now jailbreaking as i write this, fingers crossed

same pc and lead and same port, i hope this helps others, i'll confirm once its fully up and running Hidden Content
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.

Post Thanks
    Chats

fun and games Hidden Content

on the second attemp it did restore the phone with redsn0w, 0.9.5 beta5

i can just leave it now but decided to have a play about as im bored Hidden Content

itunes now works and is now restoring the phone, (i tryed to use greenpois0n and it put the phone back into restore mode Hidden Content )
    D I S C L A I M E R

Im Special
    Post Thanks
    Chats

After reading the first post it sounds like you have an iPhone 3G? if so limera1n & greenposi0n don't support it. You need to use ether Redsn0w or PwnageTool.

greenposi0n & limera1n will jailbreak 3GS & above runing 4.1

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Ureyesonly Hidden Content
    After reading the first post it sounds like you have an iPhone 3G? if so limera1n & greenposi0n don't support it. You need to use ether Redsn0w or PwnageTool.

greenposi0n & limera1n will jailbreak 3GS & above runing 4.1

now that makes sense, around and around i was going Hidden Content

managed to restore to 4.0 with redsn0w but then greenpois0n or limera1n both put it back into restore mode

was gonna download iREB 4.0 and ive got a custom firmware iPhone1,2_4.1_8B117_Custom_Restore

was gonna try that as redsn0w 0.9.5 beta5 only like 4.0
    D I S C L A I M E R

Post Thanks
    Chats

which version of redsn0w works with 4.1?

or is it sn0wbreeze?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Post Thanks
    Chats

in the end i used sn0wbreeze it created a custom firmware which i didnt use but it allowed me to use my own custom firmware that is preloaded with extra's
    The CFW has pre-installed Cydia + aptbackup, SSH, Multitasking + Wallpaper activated.

many thanks for the tutorials and links Ureyesonly in your other posts Hidden Content
    D I S C L A I M E R

Im Special
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by thesparky Hidden Content
    which version of redsn0w works with 4.1?
    or is it sn0wbreeze?
    Sorry mate been busy its Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 for 4.1

No offence to iH8sn0w but i wouldn't use sn0wbreeze that's why said Redsn0w or PwnageTool, however sn0wbreeze can give the option to upgrade without touching the baseband like PwnageTool.