Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Ferrari fined $100,000 for team orders

Hidden Content

Ferrari fined $100,000 for team orders
    25 July 2010

Ferrari has been fined $100,000 (?65,000) by Formula 1 governing body the FIA for the use of team orders and bringing the sport into disrepute at Hockenheim on Sunday afternoon. At present, the results of the race remain unchanged although the matter has now been referred to the World Motorsport Council (WMSC).

Massa sweeps past Alonso and Vettel to lead on Lap 1
    Massa sweeps past Alonso and Vettel to lead on Lap 1

The situation stems back to Lap 48 of the German Grand Prix, when leader Felipe Massa was clearly told by Race Engineer Rob Smedley that second-placed team-mate Fernando Alonso was quicker ? the Brazilian was then asked to confirm the message.

A lap after the communication was broadcast, Massa yield exiting the hairpin as Alonso took the lead before going on to win.

Ferrari were called to the stewards at approximately 4:30pm local time at Hockenheim, with a decision being revealed shortly after 6 o?clock.

Team Principal Stefano Domenicali, Team Manager Massimo Rivola and the two drivers were summoned to Race Control, where it is believed the team stated that the message to Massa had been information only, as opposed to a command, with team orders having been banned in the sport since 2003 (following the highly controversial Ferrari place swap in the previous season?s Austrian Grand Prix).

With Smedley having also been broadcast as saying ?Sorry? to Massa, stewards confirmed that Article 39.1 of the international sporting code ? the ban on team orders ? and Article 151c ? bringing the sport into disrepute ? have both been broken.

The case will also be referred to the WMSC in Paris although for the time being the race result stands, with Alonso having finished just over four seconds ahead.

Poor old Massa 1 year ago to the day and he had a chance to show the world that he had got over the horrific crash which nearly killed him and the "big wigs" at Ferrari tell him to move over and let that pumped up pre -madonna through!!! What is it Alonso cant you win anything without cheating ??? Get out of F! and get to the USA and run Indy Cars im sure they will love your theatrical antics which are not needed in F1!!!

I hope that they get disqualified for the event which ruined a good race which Ferrari was doing very well at and then they go and pull this stunt! Massa i feel so sorry for you and they do pay your wages but i would have told them where to go WHO THE ?$%& does Alonso think he is ffs!!!

And before anyone says anything it would be Ferrari pulling the strings i dont think so look at Alonso the way he throws a hissy fit as soon as something goes against him! You dont deserve the win at all you never earnt it and in my eyes if you were to win the world championship this year because of that then F1 would be finished! Bad press and money would fall from the sport ! I hope it doesnt come to this but Ferrari are not the be all and end all of F1 at all kick them out who needs cheats in the sport??

RANT OVER!
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids!

Be the change you want to see in the world

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Ferrari fined $100,000 for team orders

Why can't adults play nicely anymore?
    Allaways witha de cheatin! Hidden Content

Don't they teach that anymore in schools?
    Or is everything governed by the pimp and prostitutes edicts of get out there and earn me a lot of money, if you don't your ass is on the street? Hidden Content Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Wink Re: Ferrari fined $100,000 for team orders

whats this ?

do people actually watch F1, Hidden Content ?Hidden Content

sorry, but had to say it, Hidden Content .

Wod's April quiz winner happyfeet's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by BraveHeart Hidden Content
    do people actually watch F1, Hidden Content ?Hidden Content
    An average television audience of 600 million per season at the moment.

Post Thanks
    Chats

oh i see, fair enough, i'm not one of those 600 million and no one i know is either, dont think its high up the list much for scottish people, but everyone to thier own thing i guess, we will play at haggis hunting instead, Hidden Content