I thought if anyone is thinking about buying an ipad this might help
Will my old iPhone apps work on the iPad?
Yes. The iPad is compatible with nearly all iPhone apps. Current iPhone apps can run in two modes: in a window at the size they'd run on an iPhone or scaled-up to fullscreen. Apps can be written to take advantage of the iPad's screen size without upscaling.

What does "HD" and "XL" mean in iPad app names?
Those are used to designate native iPad apps.
Does it run Flash?
Nope. Just like the iPhone, still no Flash.
Can the iPad run more than one app at the same time?
No. Like the iPhone, there's no multitasking (though that may come in later versions of the iPhone OS).
Does the iPad support other ebook formats besides iBooks?
Yes.
Using the iPad
How hard is syncing an iPad?
Pretty easy, and very similar to suyncing an iPhone.
Wireless Features
Does the iPad have GPS?
It depends on which model you have. The WiFi/3G models offer full assisted GPS (AGPS) like the iPhone 3GS. The WiFi-only models uses WiFi and like the original iPhone for their location services.
Do all models of the iPad have WiFi?
Yes.
How do I connect my iPad to a WiFi network?
Given that the iPad runs the iPhone OS, the process for connecting to WiFi is basically the same as with the iPhone.
Do all iPad models have 3G cellular connections?
No. There are three models - one in each capacity size - with 3G.

Can the iPad work with other carriers?
Maybe. Apple touts the device as unlocked, but it doesn't work with T-Mobile or Verizon in the U.S. due to differences in their networks and the chips used in the iPad.
Do I have to buy 3G service when I buy an iPad?
No. The 3G service is optional. If you don't want it, you can buy a WiFi-only model.
iPad Battery
What is the iPad's battery life?
Apple claims 10 hours of use on a full charge, though some reviews are reporting even more battery life.