Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Limited Connection:(

wonder if you can help me please. I have been using my 4100`s for years now. all of a sudden all 3 of them seem to not be connecting, all im getting is limited connection. they get an upstream and downstream connection but the online lights dont light up. pretty sure they arnt bricked because they are still working just being limited all the time. Ive tried loads and loads of macs but all I get is limited connection.Im not trying to force a config either.Any ideas?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Limited Connection:(

Hey Goofie23.

I'm having problems with my modems too, VM are doing MAC cloning detection in some areas, I'm gonna scan for new MACs tomorrow in a different UBR to see if any new one's work.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Make sure you have BPI enabled and spoof nic/router between changing macs.

Post Thanks
    Chats

how do I enable bpi? i dont seem to have an option to change that?!??!My nics are always spoofed.

Post Thanks
    Chats

You get Bpi with the sb5xxx models. You dont get that option with sb4xxx.

Remember some areas are using mac detection, it filters illegal mac's from legit mac's, not everyone is aware of this but it's happening.

Post Thanks
    Chats

after changing the nic`s mac about 100x`s ive eventually go tit to recognise the modem, its updated the serial and no isnt limited.Trouble is now no ne of my mac addresses will go online, they connect down and up but the online button keeps flashing.Ive changed the mac a few times,any ideas?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by goofie23 Hidden Content
    after changing the nic`s mac about 100x`s ive eventually go tit to recognise the modem, its updated the serial and no isnt limited.Trouble is now no ne of my mac addresses will go online, they connect down and up but the online button keeps flashing.Ive changed the mac a few times,any ideas?
    The mac ip is not locking on then.
    You will need to keep trying till you find one that does.
    It's a real ball ache, that's why I went legit because it could be on for an hour, or 12 hours or 12 minutes and I would have to change it again.

Post Thanks
    Chats

how do I enable bpi? i dont seem to have an option to change that?!??!My nics are always spoofed.
    Upgrade your f/w with BPI enabled version for the 4100.

Respected
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Diablo13 Hidden Content
    The mac ip is not locking on then.
    You will need to keep trying till you find one that does.
    It's a real ball ache, that's why I went legit because it could be on for an hour, or 12 hours or 12 minutes and I would have to change it again.

]
    fcuking hell,never a truer word said,all the BS just for free internet for a week wasnt worth it for me either so am now running 50mb legit and its not to bad Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Its only worth it now if you are interested in how it all works but if you are only
    after free net then be prepared to spend a bit of time researching because there is no
    one click fix.

Post Thanks
    Chats

where can i get the newer firmware for the 4100 from? and also how do I change the firmware? can I do it from the 192.168 page?

Thanks for all the help in advance people.

Now my modems have stopped working again, I get download lights on full but the send light keeps on flashing. So far cant seem to get it to connect again. Getting ennoyed to be honestHidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Back to none working modems again.the downstream lights on full, the upstream light just keeps flashing and never goes solid anymore. Just did a new fresh scan down the road and new macs are not changing the problem

Any bright ideas anyone?

Someone said it was the upstream frequency, but Ive change that a few times and still not connecting

Post Thanks
    Chats

limited connection still

Still having problems with my connection people. Ive dne a new scan so am using fresh macs.

Now the downstream,upstream and the online light are all solid green but computer says limited connection. Tried different macs, same issue.

On the address page the modem doesnt seem to have a serial number instead its a load of YYYYY`s. Not sure if thats a problem or not

Tried loads of times to change the spooked mac address but all I get is limited connection.

using a 4100 if that helps.thanks in advance

Post Thanks
    Chats

Please dont start new threads about the same problem you need to learn how forums run this is the 3rd time i have had to mention something to you about your posts please take heed.I have merged your thread with your other thread.
    PLEASE, support this charity Help for Heroes
    If this post has helped you please hit the thanks button below ty

Post Thanks
    Chats

As DD said there are numerous posts about people either losing or getting a limited connection.
    You must all know by now that the ISP's are no longer willing to put up with people getting free connections. They have introduced many new security measures, which are finally working properly for them.
    If you want a reliable broadband connection in future you are going to have to sign up to an ISP and pay for it!
    All the doorways to a FREE service are now closing fast.
    You may be lucky and get a 2 meg connection, for a short time, but it will take you ever longer to find it. You are now at the stage where you either bite the bullet and pay, or you do without, in which case bye bye!
    The free connections and telly are coming to an end and are now only worth discussing as nostalgia for the good old days! Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: limited connection still

still having problems with my connection people. ive dne a new scan so am using fresh macs.
    Now the downstream,upstream and the online light are all solid green but computer says limited connection. Tried different macs, same issue.
    On the address page the modem doesnt seem to have a serial number instead its a load of yyyyy`s. Not sure if thats a problem or not
    tried loads of times to change the spooked mac address but all i get is limited connection.
    Using a 4100 if that helps.thanks in advance
    How are you scanning for mac's yourself? Hidden Content
    You cant use ones from your own scans (UBR area) you need ones from a neighbouring UBR.
    Hidden Content
    “When you help someone up the hill, you are closer to the top yourself.”Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: limited connection still

Still having problems with my connection people. Ive dne a new scan so am using fresh macs.
    On the address page the modem doesnt seem to have a serial number instead its a load of YYYYY`s. Not sure if thats a problem or not
    Tried loads of times to change the spooked mac address but all I get is limited connection.
    using a 4100 if that helps.thanks in advance
    looking at your post mate, when the above happens have you tried turning your modem of leaving it 5 mins and turning it back on,
    i know from my experiance turning a sb4100 and 5101 on and of too quick can stop the modem from booting in.
    it might not work but it's worth a try