Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20 meg

Post Thanks
    Chats

20 meg

can any one plz tell me how i can force 20meg i have tryed all the config files but can only get 10 meg
    LEEDS UNITED

Respected
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: 20 meg

Your area is probably encrypted now which means you cant,be grateful for 10 hey Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

You will need to find a 20 meg mac to get 20 meg if you are in a encypted area
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids!

Be the change you want to see in the world

4. Thanks crabby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Cool Re: 20 meg

Think you've missed the boat, don't think theres many clones left online now m8, even ive gone legit 20mb now (had a clone over for 2 years but paid min subs as well) can't be arsed with the constant changing of macs anymore, it aint so bad if you download in the night 9pm till 10am 75gig last night!!! got a free upgrade from 10mb sub told them i wanted to cancel, could have had the 50mb for just a few quid more, but that involves another 12 month contract and i hear it starts out good and rapidly goes down hill...
    Last edited by dx100-uk; 05-12-2009 at 01:51 AM. Reason: inap lang

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by lukeskywalker Hidden Content
    Think you've missed the boat, don't think theres many clones left online now m8, even ive gone legit 20mb now (had a clone over for 2 years but paid min subs as well) can't be .... with the
    ive always been legit with both network and tv.
    i have a 250 / 4200 / 5101e that i fone for my family.. all have been running 10mb /.20mb for over 2 years and never went off, there's 1,000s of clones out there still going strong.
    as the post's above suggest,, get the right mac for the speed you want and with the correct settings it should be fine.
    Last edited by dx100-uk; 05-12-2009 at 01:51 AM. Reason: edited for you ;)

Post Thanks
    Chats

No edit tab !!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    and dont force the config,, lots off areas dont allow it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Go legit m8, aint worth the aggro in the long term, you will be throwing ur surfboard/ambit in the bin very shortly, trouble is with 20mb is getting the macs as its difficult/impossible to scan fore more......

Post Thanks
    Chats

I had exactly the same problem of constantly changing mac's. Hidden Content
    I know people that are successfully running the 20meg config, without forcing on 5100e Surfboards.
    As I'm not the brightest at these things, I also opted for a legit 20meg contract. Yes it costs, but a least it is reliable and I don't startup to find I have lost my connection!
    I am a bit surprised that you don't still get capped lukeskywalker, downloading more than 3 gig at 9pm is still in the Vermin "peak period", until 11pm I think?
    Like you I get most of my big stuff down overnight though without any problems.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Think they have changed there policy as regards to capping

Hidden Content

I start downloading at about 9:10pm haven't been capped yet when i start at these times, not sure where you got the 9-11 from?

May have been like that till they revised it recently... 12th May 2009 according to there site..

Got sick and tired of having to change mac's all the time (its a shame the 20mb can't be unlimited, think they would have a real winner if they did that!) But the network is massively oversubscribed and underfunded as it is!

At the end of the day they know they have got u by the .... because unless you live in a big city u aint gonna get 20mb on ...
    Last edited by dx100-uk; 05-12-2009 at 01:50 AM. Reason: inap lang

Post Thanks
    Chats

According to BT's latest offers, they are now rolling out a 20 meg connection, up from their previous 8meg best speed. They seem to have some good incentives at the moment with their free home hub and connection as well.
    It would probably be ideal for someone who lives a bit out in the country, except they say your speed will depend on how far you are from the exchange!
    So that sort of kiboshes that!
    Hopefully it will bring a bit more competition to Vermin though, as I agree we are capped too much. The last time I read their "fair usage" policy you were capped in the morning for a couple of hours, then from 4 till 11 or something. Basically the only time you were unrestricted was when everyone else was in bed. I can't remember the exact times, but there is another thread on this subject somewhere.
    What still annoys me is that if the network can't cope, how can you bring out a 50 meg connection at a hefty price, knowing full well that you will never get full speed, or else other customers are being capped on their contracts so that you can?
    I'm all for progress and it's about time we caught up with other countries speeds, but this just smacks of profiteering to me if they haven't got a capable network?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Its always been between 4 - 9 they only introduced the daily one earlier this year but i have notice that i can get capped after 9 for some daft reason so i just limit usage till after 10 then its fine. Upload set at max 60kbs between them hours and its fine no problems

Post Thanks
    Chats

Well im in lincoln and my legit 20mb has been absolutley ..... for the last 2 days (torrents) speed up and down like a hookers draws (up to the point of resseting the router) are you guys having any issues???
    Last edited by dx100-uk; 05-12-2009 at 01:50 AM. Reason: inap lang

Post Thanks
    Chats

Unhappy Re: 20 meg

But wait for it...............i can get a whole 350k if i move to bt Hidden Content ........ADSL2... sigh

Post Thanks
    Chats

I'm in Lincoln as well m8.
    I have seen my upload speed drop off to nearly nothing sometimes, but it doesn't usually last long.
    Torrents can be a bit like that sometimes, for you to upload, someone has to want the download and they might be just getting stuff down in the graveyard shift as well?

Post Thanks
    Chats

its the downloads, that are s*** all over the place it was ok up untill a few days ago, dunno if my area is oversubscribed, or there's maintenance going on or what prob gonna give em a call 2morrow (hate speaking to the indian f****ng call centre)...
    Last edited by Collider; 03-12-2009 at 02:10 AM. Reason: language ;)

Post Thanks
    Chats

Downloadsa are all over the place at the mo for some reason in Lincoln! I have no idea why but most of the time im maxing out at 12 meg sometimes it goes the full 20 meg and then back down to 8 at others!! I think im going to go for the 50 meg after xmas then no caps Hidden Content

EDIT - Oh and i forgot to mention that my router needs re setting a few times aswell as it keeps cutting off for some reason!!

Post Thanks
    Chats

What worries me about getting the 50mb is my contract finished a while ago so i can leave whenever i like. (Got free upgrade to 20mb with no contract).

Getting the 50mb involves another 12 month contract and if after a few months they decide to start capping then your f******and im reading a lot on the net that peeps that are on the 50mb are struggling to get even 30 odd.... does anyone on here actually have a legit 50mb??? Care to comment???
    Last edited by Collider; 04-12-2009 at 08:58 AM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

One of the biggest selling points of the 50 meg connection is that it isn't capped at all. It is so expensive at the moment I would'nt expect them to have a big take up of it?
    Whether they can maintain a full speed connection at the moment though is another question? Even a heavy torrent user is unlikely to use their 50 meg speed all the time though, more likely just in short bursts.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Tech Re: 20 meg

Right still having issues here with speed, was allright last night tho solid 23mb down all night semms to have gone to the wall again today.

Funny thing is i rang vm telling them i wanted to cancel just to speak to someone in the uk! and low and behold they put me through to someone, this guy knew his stuff, and after i explained the situation to him looked at the levels on my modem and said everything was as it should be and my area was only at 60% capactiy at full load and my area has not long been upgraded to docsis 2, wonder if thats something to do with the issue?

And there were no issues in my area!!!
    He said it must be a router issue even though i have tried all three routers 1 edimax and 2 belkin and found the same problem with each and changed the cables and splitter, but said i need to try one of there APPROVED netgear routers N+ and said he would send one for free to try and keep, This router is about ?80 me thinks..... (why couldn't he just admit there is a network issue in some parts of lincoln).....

So all in all felt like they bought me off with a free router..(will add it to my collection)...and it seems they know they've got issues but are not prepared to admit it........

21. Thanks Diablo13 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Do what the guy ontop says it works

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast