Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks
    Chats

## C10d - SS4.1 Enigtrino2 ##

To celebrate the 1st Anniversary of Black Tuesday (when rom7 was subjected to a cowardly and vicious terrorist attack, with g*box and newcamd getting mortally wounded in collateral damage)- AL proudly presents:

Enigtrino2 !! Commando 10d Laid Bare and SS-Enigma 4.1 Skinny - both in the same JFFS2 image!

The download rar contains the 2x Image (use Image Converter to convert it to 1x Flash w/o Bootloader format, if you're one of those sad Sagem 1x owners)- and also the 3 readme files for 'the story so far' - all in pdf format. These cover SS-Engima 4, all flavours of Commando 10, and my original Enigtrino release notes.

I've packaged it like this because some sites (like Digital Kaos and Techno-Source) only allow one attachment. It's FTA as released, so contains no emus, keys, nor roms. For testing, please don't wade in like a bull in a china shop and start adding your own stuff in. This file contains everything you might need (and no more!):

Code:
     Hidden Content features

First thing you'll notice as the C10d BootInfo screen appears is LraiZer's new LCD Bootmenu! This gives you a choice of Commando 10 or SS-Enigma4 at boot up! More on this later, but for now- please allow C10 to boot, so we can look at some of the new Blue Button stuff...

Note item 2- my new 'fast-track' method of creating a Flash w/o Bootloader backup image. Also works in a Telnet session, if you just type backup (nb- always carry out a reboot before making a backup, as this clears the EPG cache).

New item on the Yellow button, so let's have a decko at that...

Look at the Green button! Yes- this is FreddyFrog's latest Tri-mode sectionsd having it's premiere!! For all you guys who struggled with the different types of epgfilter in the past- this new feature is what you've been looking for!! For the more experienced users, you can still choose a 'Selective' epg filter by pressing Yellow for this menu:

You'll also be pleased to know that the previous bug, which caused the cam to die in EPG Standard mode, now seems to have vanished.

Assuming you already have a decent set of neutrino services and bouquets, then use them to overwrite my 'pure' 5401 files. If you don't, then Set Your Location, allow the reboot- then do a Fast Scan. Then we can look at the final exciting innovation in Enigtrino2...

From the first System Menu, press Blue for 'Enigtrino Treats':

(nb: the G*box item is not in the release image, but comes with a Support pack in the +pack file mentioned earlier).

The new Red button is a demonstration of Uk Cvs Image Feedback in action! Someone suggested this as a useful idea- so cydine kindly (and brilliantly) scripted it. So I've left the Enigma services and bouquets totally blank this time around, to give you the chance to try this out. Which is why I said to stay in Commando mode, LOL! Once your stuff has been copied to Enigma, this menu item becomes de-activated.

*** An interesting discovery was made during dev & testing this feature: cydine's end took under 2 mins to complete, but my end was taking 20 mins plus. Dicovered the culprit- I was using a compressed busybox file, he wasn't. I found that once I'd switched to the usual full-size busybox file, his script now only took 1 min 6 secs to run on my dbox! Not only that, but boot time, shell menus and messagebox pop-ups were now seriously much faster, too! You clock the difference! ***

You'll also notice the familiar Reboot to SS-Enigma v4 Mode - selecting this will then make SS-Enigma the default boot Image.

Using the LCD Bootmenu: The current default is highlighted; to change it, use the Up or Down arrow and wait the 5 seconds for it to time out. If you press OK before the time-out, it might 'hang' on the bootinfo screen, or it might not...

1.9mb Free Space 'out of the tin' - which will drop to around 1.74mb after you've added the educational stuff for test purposes. Enjoy!!

Mega thanks again to Renny and SatSearching; the rest of you who've helped are all in lights in the Hall of Fame and Roll of Honour, LOL!!

Cheers- AL Hidden Content

Download image here Hidden Content
    Last edited by Sicilian; 09-04-2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Moved attachment to downloads

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: ## C10d - SS4.1 Enigtrino2 ##

Thank you Al, moved the image to downloads and left this thread here for all feedback.
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thanks, Sicilian- but two little favours please:

1) It would be nice to see some reference to the author of the Image in the downloads section. Otherwise, they might think it's you, LOL!

2) As well as pointing them to here for leaving Feedback, could you also stress that the above Release Notes should be read in conjuction with the Download, as it does contain some (ahem!) valuable info.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Well i dugg out the 2x test box .....

last flash was ss enigma 4

enigtrino2 flashed perfect no hitches . when neutrino first boots up and you do a scan it does the job nicley, after setting things up and looking at my perfect neutrino setup out of the box : ) you start to look about the epg is gr8 the way the channels are set out is perfect. it really feels great to use.

then you blue button and select treats mmmmmmm

my pet hate for enigma is its a real hassle to get a decent channel list like neutrino . but now you press the copy button in the menu it takes 1 maybe 3 minutes then it deufalts to sellect to reboot with enigma
    i was worried about doing this at first as i didnt want to loss the perfect neutrino setup. but i had to press it in the end .
    now i have enigma with a perfect setup and channel list .

perfection is the word for this image its very user frendly in either interface.

thanks for the hard work all involved

Post Thanks
    Chats

Update Patch 01

Proactive response to constructive Feedback over on DWZ...

I've conferred with cydine, and he agrees- I'm a muppet. WHY did I release Enigtrino2 with his wonderful Neutrino to Enigma services and bouquets Copier script menued as a 'One Hit Wonder'?? Doohhh...

I should have thought this through more thoroughly; updating services and bouquets is an ongoing exercise. And as we'll be doing this in the Neutrino environment - we'll naturally want to mirror those updates across to the Enigma half too.

So I cannot really expect peeps to have to connect up with FTP, then manually delete their Enigma stuff (running the risk of accidentally blitzing their vital Enigma config file in the process), just to re-activate the shell menu item again- that's plain stupid.

So here's an update patch for Enigtrino2, all fully-tested and idiot-proof. Two small files to txfr and overwrite, and that's it! No reboot needed. Now, the copier script will carry on working and updating straight from the menu, like I really should have made it do in the first place!!

There's a little readme in there too, so you know what goes where.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Update Patch 02

Another update patch, and again- thanks to Feedback on DWZ... Does this tell us here on W-O-D something??

Bug: Enigma transponder clock still on GMT

Reason: missing /etc/localtime (1kb)

Fix: Pop this little fella into the /etc/ folder (not /var/etc/) and restart your box. All times in C10d and SS4.1 should now be on BST, including correct EPG tables.

The file doesn't need chmodding, btw. My bad... I overlooked this file when bolting enigtrino2 together, oops!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Very good work for all those who partisipated in making it its the first chance i have had to put it on and get it working and it is very good i must say. Picture is clear and no glitches apart from one!! It doesnt bother me as i normally turn the box off but i fell asleep on the sofa and it was on all night and when i woke up no channels were working and needed to re boot the box to get it working. Doesnt normally bother me as i normally turn everything off when i go to bed.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Press blue then yellow for the Daily Timer list. The second timer is basically the channel the box will wake up to, when you come out of Standby Mode. It may be that you're in TW or exC+W, and the one I've used (I'm in pure) is a dead channel in your area, which might well kill the resident emu...

If so, make a note of the settings for that timer, delete it (you can't edit it, unfortunately), then create a new one with the same settings, but choosing YOUR preferred 'wakeup' channel. Don't forget to 'Save Timer'.

nb: This is all to do with the auto-refresh of Long EPG each day, as explained in the original Enigtrino release notes included with this release...

Post Thanks
    Chats

Ive been using this image for a couple of days now but
    i cant get it stable,every 30 mins i lose sound or the
    picture freezes.
    Tried all combos possible apart from g box which is
    next on the to do list.
    I really want to get this stable as its a great image
    fast,easy to find your way around the gui and i love
    the channel logos,also picture quality is up a notch
    from previous image.
    Testing on sagem 2x.
    Still to check out enigma.

Post Thanks
    Chats

If you're intending to try g*box, then please download the +pack file again, as I updated this on 14/04 with a small, but important update in the g*box dept.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Tried out enigma but had the same freezing and sound problems as before
    so i thought maybe something went wrong with flash.
    Gave it another flash and ive not had so much as a stutter in the last
    few hours,stable with evo and 1a.
    Thanks to al and eveyone else involved,great stuff.

Post Thanks
    Chats

great to hear your sorted and happy smif

as per normal the feed back thread is poor, 23 downloads and only 3 feedback threads, c'mon peeps if you've tried it at least give feedback !!

these guys put a lot of work into things and they are here to help 'you' so if you stuck or not sure about things post here and ask

in normal cases silence could be counted on as being golden, but your feedback helps the creators to build a better picture of what is and isn't good on an image so in this case, silence isn't golden
    gяσωιηg σℓ∂ ιѕ мαη∂αтσяу; gяσωιηg υρ ιѕ σρтισηαℓ.
    If you would like to help with the running costs of the site click below

Hidden Content
    Honesty is better than sugar coated bullsh!t

Post Thanks
    Chats

only got this on this aft as wasnt reading all the info fist and was messing it up Me bad . Will report back after a couple of days with it on but initial thought is that i like enigma more than neutrino. and this on a very picky sagem 1x box
    Me likes Cheers

Post Thanks
    Chats

ok What i found so far
    If i use Enigma its seems to loose the channels and i get an error says no services found, If i reboot they come back ?
    If i use Neutrino i get freezing unless i use evocmd and gbox
    this is on my test box Sagem 1x
    but overall a fine img pic is ace

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by binks120 Hidden Content
    ok What i found so far
    If i use Enigma its seems to loose the channels and i get an error says no services found, If i reboot they come back ?
    If i use Neutrino i get freezing unless i use evocmd and gbox
    this is on my test box Sagem 1x
    but overall a fine img pic is ace
    OK- so we can take it that in C10d mode, you do not get freezing if you're running g*box (using evocamd as the AU donkey when necessary)?

So now, you just have to remember that C10d and SD4.1 are totally independant of each other when it comes to Softcam selection. Switch to SS4 and then do a long press of the Blue button, to bring up the Extras Menu - and switch from evocamd to g*box in there. It'll work 'on the fly' - no reboot needed.

nb: uCode selection IS common to both images, with default being 001A.

Cheers- AL

Post Thanks
    Chats

I was using gbox with c10d until a roll the other day,switched to evo to allow the update
    then tried going back to gbox but the option was missing from the menu,any idea why this
    would happen?All updated files were in place.

Forgot to say that gbox was still visible in softcam menu but
    smart-switch was gone in treats menu.Selecting gbox from softcam
    menu i got only fta.
    Last edited by smif; 11-05-2009 at 05:39 PM. Reason: more info

Post Thanks
    Chats

If /var/bin/emu/gbox exists, then the 'Smart Switch' item should be active and selectable in the 'Treats' menu. If gbox doesn't exist, then that item is inactive and non-selectable.

If you don't see the item at all- then you've somehow reverted to the original (release) shellexec-n in /var/tuxbox/config

I tested this little lot to death, so I'm sure there isn't a bug. Cheers - AL Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Ill look at the box when i get in from work,maybe ive
    transferred the wrong files.
    Thanks for your help AL.

Transferred shellexec-n from patch,although i had already done this and
    got gbox back.
    Now when i try to use gbox i only get fta.
    Ive checked everything is in the right place and chmod ok but obviously
    ive missed something and i cant think what.
    Last edited by smif; 16-05-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by smif Hidden Content
    Ill look at the box when i get in from work,maybe ive
    transferred the wrong files.
    Thanks for your help AL.
    Transferred shellexec-n from patch,although i had already done this and
    got gbox back.
    Now when i try to use gbox i only get fta.
    Ive checked everything is in the right place and chmod ok but obviously
    ive missed something and i cant think what.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction im still
    struggling with this?

Post Thanks
    Chats

As you probably know, gbox has been incapable of AU since the 8th April 08 rom7 attack. So the keycopy routine copies the current keys from Keylist.txt to the file used by gbox, which is nagra, using the correct format that gbox is looking for.

So you need to check that Keylist.txt is valid. If it isn't- just switch to evocamd and an encrypted channel, wait for the AU (usually no more than a minute or so)- then run the gbox routine again. So when you you switch to gbox in the Softcam Menu, gbox should be happy with what it finds.

nb: Peeps using mgcamd as their AU donkey will notice that symlinks are in place to force mgcamd to write to and read from Keylist.txt too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast