Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Downgrade from Visa to XP

hii, i have upgraded from xp to vista but now i wanted to go back to xp, but when i try to load the xp it says no drive found, some one told is got to do with the sata drivers, any suggesstions?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Wink Re: Downgrade from Visa to XP

hi there
    go Hidden Content to get the driver, that needs to be either 'slipstreamed' into an xp build, or put on to 'floppy' or 'usb stick' when XP boots press F6 to install drivers
    Hidden Content
    hope this helps

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Downgrade from Visa to XP

If this is a PC that you've personally built, take a look on the driver cd that came with your mobo, most likely be on that. If not take a look on the site of whoever your motherboard is manufactured by. As Cao said you will need the sata driver on floppy or usb stick, personally I always used floppy, but i'm sure it will be the same. Just remember to press F6 as Cao posted when you are prompted during install at the bottom of the screen. The message does pass pretty quick so make sure you look out for it.
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Format you hdd with kill disk or other software then reinstall xp.

Post Thanks
    Chats

You might also try looking in the PC's BIOS. Some PC BIOS have an option to change the mode of the SATA drive from AHCP to IDE (sometimes it doesn't say IDE and will refer to it as 'default' or 'compatibility' mode etc.).

If you change from AHCP mode to one of the others you should be able to install XP, but with a drop in disk performance (AHCP uses some of the fancy functions of your SATA drive to speed things up).

It would be better if you can get the Intel drivers (mentioned above) to load by pressing F6 to install 'scsi' drivers when prompted during the XP install, but this might be a useful work-around for people who can't get their hands on them.

Post Thanks
    Chats
    If you boot up with a win98 boot disk into msdos and fdisk the drive, you can then format the hard disk as fat32, this will then allow you to re-install WindowsXP, it will also allow you as part of the installation to change the format back to NTFS