Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Help with Word Document!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Hi,

I've recently created a document in word that was supposed to be handed in to uni a couple of week back.
    when i right clik the document and go to properties it shows the date created and date modified. The creation date is fine, the modified date is the problem. Because i found some mistakes with the grammer that i corrected the modified date has now changed to todays date. That isnt a problem again because i changed the date and time on the pc to roll back the modified date.
    The problem now is that the uni's in uk use software that tell you if you been copying your work etc... i was wondering can they tell if the date on the document has been back dated? Hidden Content

Many Thanks

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Help with Word Document!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

I don't think they would be worried about you changing the date to make it look like you completed the assignment weeks ago, when in fact you only finished it the day before. They are more interested in you copying other peoples work and plagarism. I would not worry about the software as if it is the plagarism checking software, all it checks is that the writing style remains constant throughout and checks any known extracts that it has been pre-programmed with, or that it is capable of searching for.

The other thing to do if you are worried about the date is to back date/roll back the date on your PC, Create a new word Document (rename the old/cuurent document if you need to first) then copy and paste the whole old document in to the new one and "viola" the new document will ahve the same dates and will not show up as being altered.

Hope this helps.
    NMC
    Hidden Content Reality is a state of mind caused by the lack of alcohol Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

I really wouldn't worry about it, they can't prove you modified the document! You could have just opened the document and clicked save (without making any changes) - which still would have updated the modified date.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thanks!!!

Much Appreciated!

Post Thanks
    Chats

if you emailed it then the modified date changes to the time they downloaded it at anyway. (or at least thats the case is the version of outlook we use at work!) so as above, dont worry about it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thanks thats what i was thinking about the email thingy u've answered ma question without even askin! cheers peeps!