Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Question Washing Machine Problem

My washing machine has just decided to chuck it! Does anyone know where I can get any info or service manual for it ? Its a Diplomat , I cannot seem to find anything on the web about it . I think MFI or Hygene might make it or they have maybe badged another manufacturers, I am not sure. I had a look at it , everything seems to be functioning ok, the problem is the water will not drain from the machine. I initially thought it might be the pump , howerver I applied 240v directly to the pump and it works ok. So I think it is either the programmer (I think that is what it is called) inside the machine or the dial which is used to set the program. One of these parts is not relaying the voltage to the pump basically. I am not an Appliance engineer but I can get by with most things. I would like to source out some parts but I am unsure where to look. Any help/advice would be great .

Thanks in Advance.

Graham.
    =====================================
    ===========C'mon the hoops==============

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Washing Machine Problem

IF it is the programer mate then chances are it will cost more than the washing machine depending how old it is.However i did find this Hidden Content may be you could email them for advice all the best

Hidden Content
    wods trivia challenge - Daily Trivia Game

For all your fish keeping needs
    I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here
    Thanks in advance its very much appreciated:)

Post Thanks
    Chats

Washing machine won't empty water

The possible problems here are blockages or pump failure. Blockages are the more likely explanation but pumps can fail. If the washing machine will not empty the water out you may also not be able to open the door on some washing machines although these days it's much rarer to have a pneumatic lock on the door due to cost cutting (if a washing machine has a pneumatic door safety lock a rubber hose is connected to the door interlock from the pressure chamber bottle on the tub - water in the tub forces air up this tube and locks the door, which is released when the water is pumped out and the air pressure drops).
    Some washing machines have a filter at the front of the machine that can be checked for blockages. Sometimes the filter is hidden behind a removable trim or panel at the base of the front. (Some Hoover & Hotpoint washing machines do not have any customer accessible pump filters - if in doubt it will tell you in the instruction book).
    If your washing machine has a water pump filter and a filter drain hose you should be able to drain the water from the washing machine into a bowl without moving the washing machine. Open the pump filter flap and pull the small drain hose forward. Take the bung out and drain into a bowl. It's likely to be painstakingly slow but at least you don't have to try and pull out a heavy washing machine full of washing and water.
    If your washing machine doesn't have a pump filter, or it has a pump filter but no draining hose then it's a bit trickier. To drain the washing machine, you will need to remove the drain hose from the drain pipe at the back of the washing machine, and lower it into a bowl or bucket. Many plumbers now plumb the drain hose into the U bend directly under the sink instead of a separate waste pipe at the back of the washer. If yours is connected directly to the u-bend, you can usually unscrew it easily. Remember though, that with the pipe disconnected from the U bend, any water poured down the sink will flood out into the cupboard until the hose is reconnected.
    Once you have drained the water, you need to check for blockages in the pump by unscrewing the pump filter ( Hidden Content ). If none is found, sometimes a blockage can occur in the plastic connector that the drain hose is connected to at the sink end (if connected this way)
    Once you have the drain hose disconnected and lowered into a bowl or bucket the water should siphon out as long as the pipe is low enough. You are likely to get several bowls full of water from the washing machine. If little or no water comes out then it may be blocked by an item of clothing like a sock and it won't be possible to empty the machine this way or it is going to be a long process.
    Once the last bit of water has drained out, the washing machine may now spin as the safety system for preventing a spin while water is in the machine will now recognize the water has gone and allow a spin. Keep the pipe low down and in the bowl or bucket and put the washing machine on a spin only program. Note, this last step is not strictly necessary as once drained, the door should open. However, you might prefer to try to spin a few more bowls of water out.
    Clearly if you put more water into the machine it is likely to fail again until the fault is rectified but these instructions should at least get the clothes out.
    Other possible obstructions could be inside the sump hose leading to the water pump. Many Hotpoint washing machines have a filter inside the sump hose which gets blocked. Finally, the pump itself can be faulty.

dx

Post Thanks
    Chats

The guarntee is just out , typical. I am going to have a word with one of my chums tommorrow , he used to run a domestic repair shop. Hopefully he can point mein the right direction. The washing machine is integrated so I think I will cost About ?4oo-?500 to fix. If I can pick up a timer or a programmer for ?100-?200 then it will be worth it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Unhappy Re: Washing Machine Problem

Cheers Dx. The Pump is working ok . I have had the washing machine open. I applied 240v directlly to the pump and all the water came out so therefore I am presuming no blockage and obviously the pump is ok. There is a filter at the bottom right corner of the machine but I guess this would not be the problem if the water is draining when the pump is running? All functions appear to run on the machine itself , occasionally it will trip the breaker on my distribution board. I think this is because the machine is attempting to go in to a spin when there is still water in the drum. Therefore the motor will overheat an trip the circuit. This is why I think it is either the dial on the front of the machine or the circuit board inside. One of these components is not telling the pump to drain, I think ?!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by graham1888 Hidden Content
    The guarntee is just out , typical. I am going to have a word with one of my chums tommorrow , he used to run a domestic repair shop. Hopefully he can point mein the right direction. The washing machine is integrated so I think I will cost About ?4oo-?500 to fix. If I can pick up a timer or a programmer for ?100-?200 then it will be worth it!
    To be honest thats what i do,i no someone in a shop and pick his brains.As dx100uk has said check everything first just to make sure,as far as the electricals go unless you no what you are doing get some one out to test the parts that will cost but its better than buying a part and trying it just to see.As i have said you have to way up how much it going to cost to get it repaired ,how old it is

Hidden Content
    wods trivia challenge - Daily Trivia Game

For all your fish keeping needs
    I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here
    Thanks in advance its very much appreciated:)

Post Thanks
    Chats

Try them m8 they might help you out Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

This appliance is probably repaired or scrapped by now but I am posting this as information for others that may encounter a similar problem.
    The diplomat range were generally included with fitted kitchens and do not have any longlevity or quality to them.
    The problem with this machine is clearly not the pump or a blockage as shown by the tests already performed.
    I would suspect the heating element, the appliance as it goes through the wash program will come to a point when it applies power to the heating element, it then allows a set time to pass and checks the water temperature. If the element is at fault the machine will detect cold water and the machine "times out" and stops. When this happens you are left with a machine full of cold soapy water & clothes to deal with which may make people assume its the pump. On some appliances you can manually turn the timer to "pump out" or "spin" and if the water then pumps out its not the pump or a blockage.
    To test the heating element - some panel dissasembly will be required - UNPLUG THE MACHINE! THEN CHECK YOU HAVE UNPLUGGED THE CORRECT MACHINE NOT ANOTHER APPLIANCE! The element will be located at the bottom of the wash tub either at the front or rear face of the tub and will appear as a metal plate about 1in by 4in horizontaly with three main connections, the two outer ones are what we are interested in as the middle one is an earth connection with the retaining bolt.(there may or may not be a small plug with thinner wires which is the temp sensor, this does not concern us for this test) 1 Remove one of the outer element connection tags. 2 connect a multimeter set on ohms to the elements two power connections. 3 a reading of around 20 to 30 ohms would be expected depending on the element wattage, if the meter displays 1999 or open circuit then the element is at fault and requires replacement.
    NEVER WORK LIVE. IF IN DOUBT - CALL AN ENGINEER.
    Hidden Content
    “When you help someone up the hill, you are closer to the top yourself.”Hidden Content

Respected
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by graham1888 Hidden Content
    How far is the warranty out because i had a problem with a laptop that was out of warranty by 2 weeks and hassled the hell out of sony and they fixed it so worth a try

Post Thanks
    Chats

If you have such problems and you want to find a spare or maybe technical support than try Hidden Content . You will find much useful information there.