Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: V+ or Sky HD

Post Thanks
    Chats

V+ or Sky HD

Hey guys, Happy new year...

Just been havin a look into some hd, Virgin are doin an offer on the V+ box for ?35 and i,m pretty sure i could convince Sky to let me have a similar package at a similar price, they seem to get excited when your gonna leave Virgin for them...

My questin really is do any of you guys have them...are they worth it? Which is better?

My initial thoughts are to wait till more chanels come on...

Are there other providers that do hd chanels...?

Thanx

Mik

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: V+ or Sky HD

personally i'd get sky hd as it has more hd channels and will get more hd channels before virgin.

the only other way to other hd channels is to get a european satellite system with a box such as the TM6800/6900

let me know if you try and get a sly box and what they say as i might get one if they match virgins offer of ?35
    PS3= krazylegz120282

DM500-C,DM500-S90cm Technomate dish,0.2Titanium lnb,diseqc1.2 motor,12 month ART card 1-6
    Hidden Content
    IF YOU FIND A POST USEFUL USE THE THANKS BUTTON NOT A NEW POST JUST TO SAY ITHidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

If your just after the hd channels then its a no brainer get sky as krazylegz has said.But as i have said the v+ dose a very good job of upscaling the sd channels.I dont no about sky+ i have never had it, but renember each tv is different what i might think is a crap pic on my tv may be brill on yours all the best in what ever decide.

Post Thanks
    Chats

i work in tv recording and to date theres ony 3 tv studios in england that are capable of actuall recording on hd so untill we,re filming more in hd i dont see the point of paying the extra money to recive so called hd pictures when 99% of all uk made tv is still filmed in the old formatt.

Post Thanks
    Chats

I've got V+ on the XL TV package and although there is only the 1 HD Channel, there is a lot of on-demand which is HD, and also all free, except the movies.
    If money wasnt an issue i'd prob have Sky, however how much would the Sky package set you back in total, including the cost of the box?
    Due to various mess ups with our bill by Virgin, Our V+ was free, and it is only ?30 a month for Phone, internet and TV, so i doubt Sky could beat that deal.
    The picture is execellent quality on the other channels too, and plus the V+ box has 3 tuners, and you can also output the recorded programs to a DVD player once they've been recorded.

Post Thanks
    Chats

i have got sky hd on a sony plasma and its blinding

Post Thanks
    Chats

not sure wwhat one is better but i think v+ is moving fast at the moment

Post Thanks
    Chats

I feel that we are all caught up in this High definition age and forget about the actual quality of the programs broadcast rather than getting obbsessed about if it's hd or not.