Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Legend for now
    Post Thanks
    Chats

[TOOL] Integrate DBOX2 with Microsoft Windows

This is just a little side project I decided to do tonight. It allows you to access your DBOX2 files (via FTP) simply by double-clicking on an icon from within 'My Computer' or 'My Network Places' (formerly called 'Network Neighbourhood'). This gives the impression that the DBOX2 is a directly connected drive or a permanently mounted share, and I just like the convenience of it.
    Here is the icon shown within the 'My Computer' window. You simply double-click it and it opens up a window showing you the files on your DBOX2. It seems as if you are simply playing with files on your C drive:
    Hidden Content
    Here is that same icon in 'My Network Places'. If you use the network places folder alot then this icon will come in handy, as it seamlessly integrates with your other shared folders, as in this example:
    Hidden Content
    The name and IP address of your DBOX2 can be set by double-clicking the icon found within control panel:
    Hidden Content
    This brings up the settings dialog box, as shown below:
    Hidden Content
    Please try it out and let me know what you think.
    The attached installer does all the work for you, so you don't need to worry about anything. The installation program will prompt you to enter your IP address once installed (which can later be changed if necessary from the control panel). This handy little tool takes up literally less than 1KB when installed and ZERO extra ram! Hidden Content
    Tested on Windows 98, 2000, XP and Vista.
    Not too sure about Server 2003, NT or 95 tho Hidden Content
    Last edited by Hunter; 10-01-2007 at 05:55 PM.