Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Scott Harrison Finished

Scott Harrison has pulled out of saturday nights fight with Nicky Cook for health reasons I think this guy is now finished and thought he would have went on to become a legend, I dont think Audley Harrison and Danny Williams will get to many people to turn up to watch their fight after their last fight as the both of them were scared of their own shadows.

I thought there was a boxing bit on the site if there is could someone please move this to the right place.

Thanks

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Scott Harrison Finished

Hidden Content Originally Posted by y2krog2000 Hidden Content
    I dont think Audley Harrison and Danny Williams will get to many people to turn up to watch their fight after their last fight as the both of them were scared of their own shadows.

I thought there was a boxing bit on the site if there is could someone please move this to the right place.

Thanks
    There last fight was like come dancing with out the frocks Hidden Content . Saying that i will still watch it again, hey you never know one of them might even throw a punch Hidden Content Hidden Content .
    D I S C L A I M E R; My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical, out of general curiosity, for educational purposes or testing only. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. The user Timoweb is not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

I dont live far from where Scott used to live, and its such a shame whats happened to him. There is still time for him yet.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Looks like he is going down the same road as his hero Benny Lynch.
    Why is it Scots just cant seem to handle a bit of fame and fortune ????

Post Thanks
    Chats

the mans got probs and i think drink a lot to do with it?????????

Post Thanks
    Chats

Maybe the drink problems are not as bad as the problems caused by getting your head whacked by a professional boxer, it may have caused an already unstable person to go over the edge, it wouldnt be the first time. eg Mike Tyson

Post Thanks
    Chats

mike tyson was just a bl**dy nutter that couldnt control his temper. brill boxer in his day tho.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by glasgowbowler Hidden Content
    I dont live far from where Scott used to live, and its such a shame whats happened to him. There is still time for him yet.
    The guy is a ned pure and simple and quite simply deserves all that has come to him in way of discrace.

He works out at the same gym as me and the situation is almost laughable. Here we have a World Champion Boxer who trains in a public gym yet does not get a single ounce of adulation. No one speaks to him, requests autographs, photos etc. The guy is quite simply ignored by ALL.

Doesn't help when your banned from EVERY pub in the town by a judge or the fact he quite likes to align himself with one half of the city and their friends across the water.

Post Thanks
    Chats

A lot of world and european champions train at public gyms and they still keep on winning so that is no excuse.
    Last edited by y2krog2000; 13-12-2006 at 10:44 AM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Sounds like a drunk weirdo to me should fit in the Priory Clinic just fine.

Sky storey, not sure he will bounce back, not at featherweight anyway!

HARRISON WILL BOUNCE BACK
    Thursday 7th December 2006

Hidden Content
    Boxing stories:

Troubled former WBO featherweight champion Scott Harrison will return to the ring in the new year despite a new low in his career.

Harrison, who has not fought for more than a year, was forced to vacate the world belt after failing to make the weight for Saturday's title defence against Nicky Cook.
    This comes after the Cambuslang fighter spent nearly six weeks in a Spanish jail after being charged with an alleged theft of a car and assault of a police office.

Harrison, who checked into the Priory Clinic early this year after battling against depression and alcoholism, also faces three separate court cases in 2007 - two in Glasgow and a return to Malaga.

However, Harrison's manager Barry Hughes insists his fighter will be back in the ring.

lmao like he is gona say he wont!
    D I S C L A I M E R; My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical, out of general curiosity, for educational purposes or testing only. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. The user Timoweb is not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by y2krog2000 Hidden Content
    A lot of world and european champions train at public gyms and they still keep on winning so that is no excuse.
    You missed the point mate, apologies as I maybe wasn't clear.

I was trying to highlight the fact that World Boxing Champions the world over are held in extremly high regard by the vast majority of the public whilst Harrisons stock is so low the man in the street would hardly offer him a "nod in the desert".

Scott Harrison is seen in these parts as firstly a drunken, out of control yob and secondly as a world champion boxer. Not sure what is the harder to achieve? To reach the top of your game at one of the most popular sports on the planet or to overshadow this spectacular achievement by downright anti social behaviour.

Flyweight in the class stakes.

Post Thanks
    Chats

I think he must be under a lot of pressure to perform and that has mabey drove him to the drink, I dont think it helped him being considered as the 3rd best pound for pound fighter in the world a couple of years ago but if fighting at such a high level is going to put so much pressure on him that he will turn into an alco then mabey he is better of hanging up his gloves.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Yes hes done for good, hung up his gloves and left the building

Post Thanks
    Chats

he's finished likes the bevy to much all down hill me thinks

Post Thanks
    Chats

I doubt we will ever see him back, he was a very good boxer, but his mental problems were too much