PDA

View Full Version : VGA or component

drusso66
03-12-2006, 08:44 PM
I currently have my 360 hooked upto my Panosonic HD Plasma via component cable running at 720p would It look any better if i get a VGA high def cable and hook it to the VGA on my Panosonic

rawkhawk
05-12-2006, 12:22 AM
I wouldn't think so no. I have ran my 360 via a VGA HD cable @ hig res and @ 1080i via component. I could not notice the difference.

thade69
08-12-2006, 08:00 PM
definatley a better picture through the component cables running 1080i.

sini
13-12-2006, 09:36 PM
i find my the picture through vga is slightly brighter. i've left it on vga because it saves me having to up the brightness when i use component.

robsdesk
16-12-2006, 11:39 PM
I've tried both on a couple of screens - didn't notice much between them to be honest. I'd say it's more down to the individual screen & how it handles the inputs.

batman2006
14-01-2007, 07:26 PM
i had mine on component in both 720 and 1080 and couldnt notice any difference, then i used the PC VGA cable and looked the same to me so have left it on that freeing up a HD Component plug at the back of my tele fr the DVD player..

jot027
26-01-2007, 10:14 PM
it is all down to the tv you have.

Some feel the image looks more natural through comp, while others say that comp can look a little washed out compared to vga.

I have tried both with my samsung sp50l7hx and although the difference was minimal i preferred the VGA.

Guess other than the telly its just down to what you see and are happier with

watto_uk
26-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Depends on the monitor. Some monitors give a washed out look when VGA is connected. Visually, there is little difference. So If you can use componant, do so.:wink:

limeroad
02-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Yes yes, very true. But for all intents and purposes, the video looks pretty much the same. Unless you have very poor component cables or a unit outputting a poorly converted signal, the superiority of the RGB signal generally is almost unnoticable. At least, with my eyes I've rarely been able to see a difference.

Anyway, with all that said, however, I have read that with 360 people have noticed duller and less saturated colors over VGA a certain "dulled vibrance" that they find preferable over the brighter image of component. However, I've not used the 360 VGA cable so I cannot comment on the accuracy of those statements. I do know that on my 1080p display the 1080i image is crystal clear and very sharp; I'd be very impressed if, with so little room for improvement my eyes can manage, the VGA cable yielded any additional clarity. I think, overall, the VGA cable was only intended for added versatility, to be used by those with displays at non-HD spec resolutions and such.

Another note: I've also heard that those with displays with native resolutions of 1366x768 noticed poor results with the VGA cable since it didn't offer that res but instead 1360x768. They declared bluriness and a lack of clarity, though it was possible that it was due to poor scaling on the parts of their displays. YMMV is the common acronym I'd see fit to end with.

Scenyx Entertainment Community > Vga Hd Vs. Component Cables (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiversion/index.php/t543978.html)