View Full Version : dbox

matt_schlong
02-12-2006, 10:35 PM
just got a dbox 2 from ebay...
hope all goes well...

keymaster
03-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Hi
cable (kabel) or satellite? I bought a Dbox2 sat from ebay as a cheap dreambox, worked great but flashing etc was hard work as most of the support forums / sites were in German.
good luck
Key

matt_schlong
04-12-2006, 11:04 PM
cable...
was a b?t@h to set up,
but works a treat now,
it plugs into my computer network
streams meadia to and from pc, you can watch tv in another room on your computer and control it fully with your pc.
seems a good buy, but picture can be very glitchy at times
and a few channels not avaliable

Timoweb
04-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Read this m8 should answer a few questions http://www.world-of-digital.com/DBOX/DBOX_2_FAQ_V1.htm

rawkhawk
05-12-2006, 12:17 AM
just got one myself - worked outta the box after a quick scan, very impressed.

ricroc911
07-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Thinking about getting one myself

soly486
31-12-2006, 07:17 AM
hello mate i am thinkinf of gettin one as well but not sure how much to pay for it, wat do u recond they are to many of them and diffrent prices so wat sort price i should be payin ?

ronnie11
31-12-2006, 01:16 PM
I bought 1 off ebay paid ?130 with postage not set it up yet but look's ok i think you can get cheaper one's.

kev
07-01-2007, 02:46 PM
i got one from ebay to paid ?90 inc delivery it is great

sposa
07-01-2007, 06:22 PM
My Advise is make sure you get a Nokia DBox 2 not sagem or anyother boxes price doesnt matter the cheaper the better !!!

The reason I say get Nokia not Sagem is the Nokia have 2 cpu Sagem have 1 this means less stable.

Hope this helps.

Sposa

p.dutchman
07-01-2007, 07:19 PM
some sagem allso have 2 chips and they are fine and cheaper than nokia should be able to get one for ?90 icl postage

steveecour
08-01-2007, 07:21 PM
I have a Sagem bought off ebay for ?85 works fine

keithnolan
09-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Where do these German sellers pick up the unmodified DBox's does anybody know and what price is one likely to pay, wouldn't mind having a bash at setting one up from scratch if I could get it cheaply.

blueice14
10-01-2007, 03:15 PM
hi there from what i have been told they are really made fro use out there in germany so hence they pick them up cheap mod them and sell em at a very good profit on eeeeeebay to the uk posse !! oops anyways they are going up to about ?130 +pandp about ?22ish however if u keep an eye out you could pick one up cheaper on a bid now, etc.
also dont know if this is true but they seem to be a lack of these now in germany hence thats hiking the prices up as well.
ps finally got one as well should be here this week - cant wait to have a dabble ....

iron-man
10-01-2007, 07:25 PM
there are a few posts in here about what dbox2 to get the bottom line is though personal preference. from what i've read there are very little differences between nokia and sagem boxes. the only one that seems to be totally shunned is the philips.
so as long as you grab a sagem or nokia its all good!!

laserbrain
14-01-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm looking to buy my first DBox 2.
Can anyone advise me on what to get.
I'm looking to buy on Ebay but there are so many various models and prices and warnings of fake Dream box's, I'm totally confused on what to get.
The Dream site sells the DBox 2 500 C for ?149 plus ?20 postage. It doesn't state what make the box is! But warns of cheap fakes from Germany that don't last long.
One Ebay seller is pricing the DBox DM500C at ?59.99 plus ?25 postage, it doesn't state that this is this a DBox 2, is that why it's cheap ?
Another is pricing a DREAMBOX DM 500C DBOX 2 STARVIEW DBox2 EUROVOX
at ?119 plus ?11 postage and claims this has a UK IMAGE FOR CABLE READY TO SCAN AND PLAY, what does that actually mean ?
Again no model / make was mentioned.
Any help on buying much appreciated.

Timoweb
17-01-2007, 01:31 PM
I'm looking to buy my first DBox 2.
Can anyone advise me on what to get.
I'm looking to buy on Ebay but there are so many various models and prices and warnings of fake Dream box's, I'm totally confused on what to get.
The Dream site sells the DBox 2 500 C for ?149 plus ?20 postage. It doesn't state what make the box is! But warns of cheap fakes from Germany that don't last long.
One Ebay seller is pricing the DBox DM500C at ?59.99 plus ?25 postage, it doesn't state that this is this a DBox 2, is that why it's cheap ?
Another is pricing a DREAMBOX DM 500C DBOX 2 STARVIEW DBox2 EUROVOX
at ?119 plus ?11 postage and claims this has a UK IMAGE FOR CABLE READY TO SCAN AND PLAY, what does that actually mean ?
Again no model / make was mentioned.
Any help on buying much appreciated.

If they are selling a Dreambox 500c for less than ?120 thats very dodgy. Probably a fake box or a con.

adamukuk78
17-01-2007, 05:20 PM
he's right stick to nokia's

:banana4:

blueice14
18-01-2007, 08:01 PM
have i already mentioned this ?? im sure i have - but theres a guy selling nokia dbox2 for ?100 buy it now plus ?22 p&p that where i have ordered mine from should be here soon (does say 15 days to deliver but i have full trackijng details) look carefully theres a guy that does it he has alot of auctions on but dont get sucked in else you will end up bidding with the looneys at the ?120+price
pm me if u cant find it

kryten77
19-01-2007, 04:47 AM
Best method is check fleabay a couple of times a day and you could be lucky. In past month I have got 3 Sagem Dbox2s for members of my family for less than ?90 inc postage. Right place at right time I suppose. As a bonus all 3 were x2 chips. Even better

blueice14
20-01-2007, 12:09 PM
hey peeps recived my dbox yesterday - definately inmpressed as the guy said up to 15 days for delivery and i got it in 5 days and thats from germany....
anyways plugged it in did the scan and away we go.........awesome...

only think i noticed was it didnt have channel sky 2 but not really bothered as i dont watch that anyways, moeny well spent.....hopefully...lol
enjoy the weekend peeps

johndbox2
26-01-2007, 07:05 PM
just got a dbox 2 from ebay...
hope all goes well...

hello mate i am thinkinf of gettin one as well but not sure how much to pay for it, wat do u recond they are to many of them and diffrent prices so wat sort price i should be payin ?I just got one from Germany for 63 euro's + 23 euro's delivery, about ?58, it's in debug mode and english, you need to look on the German Ebay site and use a translater site to check out the details. be shure they post to the UK first or ask for a price.

isoman
26-01-2007, 11:34 PM
i got one from Germany and it did not work i have email him 6 time and still they ant got back to me

hacker111
27-01-2007, 04:48 AM
My Advise is make sure you get a Nokia DBox 2 not sagem or anyother boxes price doesnt matter the cheaper the better !!!
The reason I say get Nokia not Sagem is the Nokia have 2 cpu Sagem have 1 this means less stable.
Hope this helps.
Sposa
I have one from this seller:

Very good box!
Mint condition

blueice14
28-01-2007, 05:38 PM
i got mine from the same supplier - very fast delivery about 4 days from germany and helpful too with questions (if u have any that is) but his buy it now prices are rising, unless you wanna dabble with his auctions for hopefully a better price

jammi
30-01-2007, 12:25 AM
i always get outbidded on ebay with these

caoimhe
30-01-2007, 12:50 AM
ditto me too, i always get out bidded.... i have a sagem box, but looking for a nokia :)... keeping my fingers cross, have several bids in at the mo

blueice14
01-02-2007, 07:53 PM
guys look very carefully i got mine from this guy with a buy it now price - i got mine for 100quid buy it now off him he has loads on auction which go for alot more now (hes clocked on) best thing is to keep looking - or its a long shot but send the gus a message and make him an offer - worth a try - worse thing he can say is no !!

johndbox2
04-02-2007, 04:33 PM
I just got one from Germany for 63 euro's + 23 euro's delivery, about ?58, it's in debug mode and english, you need to look on the German Ebay site and use a translater site to check out the details. be shure they post to the UK first or ask for a price.
my box was delivered in 5 days after my payment cleared, it's not used it's in the origanal box, go to the german ebay site via the " Advanced Search " option and select seller that will post to uk. the price is from 46 to 90 Euros, postage is 23Euros. read the feed back first! mine is working in the other room for ? 57 look and thou shalt find.
good luck

drunkn_munky
05-02-2007, 12:25 AM
Probably the best buy i have ever got,
Though i am having trouble with mine at the moment... Ive lost all channels and cant get them back... so... blah. keep fiddling with it.

lucky1
06-02-2007, 03:58 PM
get mine from a supplier in germany but the prices are shooting up just now as the cable is unlocked at the moment over there without the cards they use .

krazylegz
07-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Hope this helps.
Sposa

what a load of crap!!!!!!!!

nokias dont have 2 cpu's.

they have 1.

they have 2 FLASH CHIPS also some sagems do aswell. just as the majority of sagems only have one it doesnt mean they are less stable,just means that they can take an extra few minutes to flash.i actually prefer sagems had 3 and never had any bother with them

also for the prices,some people paying 100+ quid plus for a box upto 9 years old............wtf.

why?????????when u can get a dreambox brand new,12 months warranty,twice as small and more powerful

koximo
12-02-2007, 03:55 PM
get mine from a supplier in germany but the prices are shooting up just now as the cable is unlocked at the moment over there without the cards they use .

It already seemed me to whom something happened. High ascent!

slimpick
22-03-2007, 07:56 AM
Hi all

I bought a nokia Dbox2 from ebay last year in febuary, and never had a problem with it. it came from germany and worked strait out of the box.

Thanks

mickyrobbo
23-03-2007, 12:53 AM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the sagem boxes and to be honest they our in my eyes better than nokia,nokias can be tempermental as hell and sometimes a b-@ch to flash ,get the sagem for as much as ?60 cheaper and you still get the same end product,, free tv

renwich
23-03-2007, 09:44 PM
this thread is full of so much crap,

CLOSED