PDA

View Full Version : first time

chat
02-12-2006, 01:52 PM
wat is the safest way to buy over the internet

matt_schlong
02-12-2006, 10:26 PM
i would always try to pay with paypal - you can normally get your money back - or some of it if all goes wrong!

But i would suggest not accepting paypal if you sell a lot of things - the above can be all too easily abused!

glasgowbowler
10-12-2006, 02:36 PM
You cant go wring with receiving a cheque. They send a cheque you put it into the bank, and wait for it to clear, take out the money and send the item. Simple.

DessertDog
10-12-2006, 08:07 PM
You cant go wring with receiving a cheque. They send a cheque you put it into the bank, and wait for it to clear, take out the money and send the item. Simple.
That is not quite true people have been scamed also with cheques have a read back on scams its all there.Even if you draw on a cheque it does not mean the money is safe.

glasgowbowler
12-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Maybe but its slightly more safer than giving your credit card details over the net.

mcfisco
12-12-2006, 02:02 PM
As a buyer - you really can't beat Paypal

As a seller - Paypal is OK if you do a lot of small amounts but far to open to abuse from dodgy buyers for larger sums.
Cheques are OK as long as you make sure they clear properly but they put a lot of buyers off because they don't want to wait, direct bank tranfer is good too.

As long as you have an I.Q. that's higher than a half wit, you shouldn't get caught out by cheque/bank fraud - use common sense.

y2krog2000
13-12-2006, 06:54 PM
To many people scam on ebay and get away with it so I stay clear of it but it wouldnt put me of buying something from a shop that advertises on it.

Diablo13
13-12-2006, 08:52 PM
:trustme: There are many scams and no absolutely safe way of completeing a transaction. As a buyer I would agree that paypal is probably the fastest and best method on ebay, backed up by using a credit card so that you are afforded the online buyer protection offered by most cards. Paypal discourage this, but you have to look out for your own interests not theirs. I would disagree that buying online is not as safe as paying with a card in the high street, as there have been many cases of cards being scanned and cloned on the high street.
Buying from a reputable business on ebay is always the safest, but you tend to pay a higher price and miss out on the real bargains to be had at auction.
The best protection is your own common sense and involves checking out your seller thoroughly before you buy. Find what you want from an established seller with good feedback. If they have good feedback and recomendations, have sold several items of reasonable value and even better if they can be contacted by telephone landline,(NOT JUST A MOBILE) thats even better and you should be alright. Sellers may not fit all these criteria, but its worth looking out for the ones that do. Always better to be safe than sorry so if you have any doubts look for another seller, you will usually be spoilt for choice. :goodluck: