PDA

View Full Version : linksys wrt54g

Danny-D
02-12-2006, 01:27 PM
trying to set up my friends wireless, however, he has forgoton his password to access the router, i have tried the reset button, is there any way i can access it?

ianskill33
02-12-2006, 01:38 PM
if you reset the router using the reset button held down,then password of admin should ley you back in.

Danny-D
02-12-2006, 03:53 PM
used the default password but the management mode, firmware upgrade page came up, any ideas why this is happening?

Bencomo
05-12-2006, 09:42 PM
I must he himself router and I have solved it updating firmware.

Danny-D
10-12-2006, 02:55 PM
i've now updated the router, but cant get a ip from the router, not enough posts to stick up a screen shot

dx100-uk
10-12-2006, 06:45 PM
make sure dhcp is enabled & pcs are set to auto ip.
see Welcome To Chetnet (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. tuts

dx100uk:) :)

ianskill33
10-12-2006, 07:32 PM
dhcp is normally auto on a reset.can i just ask if this router is used on a dsl connection (cable t/w,ntl) ??? having said that,have you had this router working before,having forgot the password? if you hold the reset button for 30 sec,then go to the browser and put in the router ip, 192.168.1.1. user blank,pass admin. normally you need to clone the pc mac address.then just set up wireless security,wep,wpa.this is normally enough to get you going.

Danny-D
10-12-2006, 10:12 PM
dhcp is normally auto on a reset.can i just ask if this router is used on a dsl connection (cable t/w,ntl) ??? having said that,have you had this router working before,having forgot the password? if you hold the reset button for 30 sec,then go to the browser and put in the router ip, 192.168.1.1. user blank,pass admin. normally you need to clone the pc mac address.then just set up wireless security,wep,wpa.this is normally enough to get you going.

my friend says he's had bother from day one, using it with ntl, i have a linksys wireless-g with speed booster, mine works fine, but when i swap them over, i dont get internet access, DHCP server is enabled

ianskill33
10-12-2006, 10:29 PM
how long he had it,may be aswell taking it back for a swap,as normally linksys are very easy to set up.

dx100-uk
10-12-2006, 10:39 PM
interseting
so you are sayin that when you tried your onr there it did not work either?
dont forget you MUST power things in the right order to get MAC registered properly

see the chetnet link in my earlier post.

it might well be an idea to get the CM working to the PC direct THEN introduce the router.

can you confirm you HAVE tried both routers & followed the following sequence
power off at mains everything
connect it all up.
power CM let in settle
power router let it settle
power PC - check IP & then internet

what IP are you getting on the PC if you do this?

ofcourse the obvious has been done......put the router+CM+NTL DNS servers in the firewalls trusted zone?

dx100uk
:redbud:

jimmyjj
11-12-2006, 09:47 AM
hi m8
as ianskill has suggested is the way i have mine set up on twest,
just clone your pc in the settings,

jimmy

Danny-D
13-12-2006, 01:01 AM
interseting
so you are sayin that when you tried your onr there it did not work either?
dont forget you MUST power things in the right order to get MAC registered properly
see the chetnet link in my earlier post.
it might well be an idea to get the CM working to the PC direct THEN introduce the router.
can you confirm you HAVE tried both routers & followed the following sequence
power off at mains everything
connect it all up.
power CM let in settle
power router let it settle
power PC - check IP & then internet
what IP are you getting on the PC if you do this?
ofcourse the obvious has been done......put the router+CM+NTL DNS servers in the firewalls trusted zone?
dx100uk
:redbud:

one linksys wireless g works fine, the other does not, thanx everyone for your help, it must be faulty