PDA

View Full Version : Boiler Timer

timbo
01-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Hi Guys,

Complete n00b when it comes to DIY and the such so please bear with me... ROAR!!!

*cough* Anyway, I have just moved in with my missus and in the house she says the central heating / hot water combi boiler seems to have a broken timer unit. This means that I have to manually switch the unit on and off which is becoming a pain in the bottom! (and expensive when we forget to switch it off)

I can still set the thermostat to adjust the temperatures but it's either on.. or off.

I'll get some more information about the boiler etc and do a full investigation at the weekend, just so I can get it clear in my head what is going on.

Can anyone help / advise? what I should be looking for / how to test etc.

Thanks so much in advance.

y2krog2000
01-12-2006, 12:10 PM
I thougt my timer was broke when I moved into my new house and only found out after a year that it wasnt, I used to leave the heating on full 24 hours and could have saved a fortune.

Mabey your not as stupid as me but I would make sure it was broke first as it was a woman who told me that it didnt work in the first place.

timbo
01-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Just found out that the boiler make is a "Sime".

Dunno whether anyone knows about em?

Cheers again for reading

dx100-uk
01-12-2006, 12:28 PM
ok so where is the timer then?
have you set the times on it?
is it digital
analogue or WHY?

dx100uk:rolleye:

Abu_ali
04-12-2006, 10:49 PM
hi there

you can use any external timer, and check your boiler manual for more info.

robsdesk
16-12-2006, 11:34 PM
I have a combi boiler & fitted an external timer / combined thermostat. Just set the boiler to be always on & the thermostat turns it on & off when required (I had an analog one on the boiler & wanted more control). Was about 40 in B&Q.