PDA

View Full Version : need help with nokia sat dbox2 image

pokerplaya
28-11-2006, 05:59 PM
hi guys and girls!

im more of a ntl man meself but ive been asked if i can update an image on a sat dbox2,,, no idea on this one so thought id ask the experts....

where would i get an image from?

this is the only info i have from the person asking about the upgrade :

dear sir do you do nokia d box 2 satellite box it as blue peer o9 software thank you steve

anyone got any help for this newbie in sat receiving?

ive read a few threads and have gathered it all can be done i assume flashig assistant is used just like my cable dbox2 its the image part of it im wondering about,, special image for sat? where are images available?

i have been downloading cable images for some time now so have full download rights lol!

thanks in advance if anyone can help..

regards dave

dx100-uk
28-11-2006, 06:27 PM
there is a sat image in the downloads section, that works aok, you might as well get the keys and cams file also while you are there.
everything is the same as for cable, but ofcourse no s*y stuff!

the image that is there cover most sats, but its easy [says he never done it:tomato2: to add extras]

dx100uk:2drink:

pokerplaya
28-11-2006, 06:37 PM
hi thanks for the fast reply.... i assume the sat section has its own download section? just like the cable section...or do you mean i can get a sat image in the cable downloads section to work with this nokia sat dbox?

ive checked the cable download section and didnt see an image for sat so thats why im asking lol , sorry if i sound dumb...

if i need to improve my post count to access the sat download section then i will work on that..

regards and thanks again

slayer

chopperwelsh
28-11-2006, 07:36 PM
yes in download section mate

DessertDog
28-11-2006, 07:49 PM
hi thanks for the fast reply.... i assume the sat section has its own download section? just like the cable section...or do you mean i can get a sat image in the cable downloads section to work with this nokia sat dbox?
ive checked the cable download section and didnt see an image for sat so thats why im asking lol , sorry if i sound dumb...
if i need to improve my post count to access the sat download section then i will work on that..
regards and thanks again
slayer
Your post count is high enough m8

dx100-uk
28-11-2006, 08:03 PM
sportster 1.05
(check if u need X1 or x2 though)
converter is on here also.

works well and is stable even under weak signals.

its in the dbox2 images folder

dx100uk:trustme:

pokerplaya
28-11-2006, 09:53 PM
thanks to everyone for helping with my problem.... i found a good image to use..
this place has been so usefull to me and others too,, keep up the great work...

regards slayer

krazylegz
29-11-2006, 12:30 PM
just as you've found it m8 it's no guarantee it's going to work as the camds might be for cable,but as said if they are just update them and the keys also make sure it's got a satellite services xml in

FreddyFr0g
04-12-2006, 01:48 PM
One more thing to think of is to check out what kind of satellite setup is used, i.e. Astra only, Hotbird only, dual Astra/Hotbird or motorised system.... as the channels/satellites setup might be a bit different

Speedy2206
04-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Cables images will also work for Satellite boxes; the scan settings will be replaced by the satellite version automatically. You will need to delete the existing services.xml and bouquets.xml if there are any to ensure maximum compatibility.

The only problem as outlined above is going to be the camds. These UK images have evocamd, mgcamd and newcamd. These also work for satellite, BUT you will need to use the correct provider IDs etc within the keys and keylist files. Also remember that not alot of satellite providers are autoupdate so the keys need to be updated manually sometimes.

What does concern me is the way that the question has been worded:

dear sir do you do nokia d box 2 satellite box it as blue peer o9 software thank you steve

To me, this sounds like somebody has posted an ad on eBay saying 'I can flash your box for a fiver' and some poor 'customer' has sent that message as a reply to the ad. I hope this is not the case pokerplaya :(