PDA

View Full Version : re pc

chaz1974
27-11-2006, 10:08 PM
any one got any idea y a my comp switches off and goes to a blue screen.
it says that this has happened to protect the comp. a number comes up similar to 00000ff00000. any help will be nice
thanks
chaz

dx100-uk
28-11-2006, 01:39 AM
could be 1001 things
even virus related.
make a good note of the error number + the text and type it in a search engine or post it here.

if it stays on long enough.
i'd be inclined to try a good registry cleaner first like Amust.

it might well be giving you clues also.
look in the control panel/admin tools/event viewer logs

dx100uk v):)

proevofanatik
01-12-2006, 02:47 AM
some times you will get beeps on boot up. count howmany beeps and even take a note of the kind of sound pattern. google it and sometimes you can resolve ti that way. it could also be a corrupt registry entry. try downloading tuneup utilities 2006. that fixes alot of registry problems.

little_pob
01-12-2006, 02:22 PM
A lack of numbers, or rather a string of 00000's, usually indicates that the computer has crashed too quickly for the OS to record the reason why it has crashed.

The most likely reason for this is going to be overheating. If the PC is near a radiator or gas/electric fire move it away and see if it still crashes. Always worth opening your case (provided it won't void any warranty you have on the PC) and check for dust around heat sinks, which can be easily blown clean with compressed air or vacuumed out. Boot up the PC with the case still open to check all fans are working properly too (just don't go poking anything whilst its running).

However, when I last got that message it was due to a damaged RAM controller on the motherboard...

y2krog2000
01-12-2006, 02:29 PM
have you reinstalled xp lately because this can happen if it wasnt installed correctly.

mr.harry
03-12-2006, 02:24 PM
If you have recently installed new hardware or software remove them amd try again if no success try a sytem restore to a date before the problem arrived. if the problem is during start up the bios beep codes will help you diagnose any faults uthere its called POST (Power On Self Test) .Check it out here

Computer Post / Beep codes (http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm)

aj2169
03-12-2006, 06:27 PM
try running spybot to remove any rogue apps you may have been infected with