PDA

View Full Version : monitor stopped working

khan888
27-11-2006, 12:19 AM
Hello

my pc was working fine but i took my graphics card out to test it in another pc which i was fixing the monitor don't seem to come on after i installed it back in my pc.Any ideas anyone

Thanks

babis20
27-11-2006, 05:04 PM
take off your card from the motherboard and turn the computer on. let it boot up and then unplug from the mains. now plug your card back and you should have a signal on your screen. if not take the battery out from your motherboard for about 5 minutes and try again. hope this helps

tanyaz
27-11-2006, 06:14 PM
thats rights only thats they way you can make it works again i had same problam in my pc .

shenu
28-11-2006, 09:25 PM
try to put the graphics card in different slot

Jango
04-12-2006, 10:21 AM
I would go with try the card in a different slot, we see this all the time not only graphics cards but network cards etc. We find you take the card out, put it in another slot it works - return it to the orginal slot and that solves it, it doesn't give you the answer why that happens, but hey as long as it does !!

rayu
11-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Is it an agp on PCI card. Can you verify the card works by trying it in a different pc. You could do the same test with your monitor to make sure it still works...