PDA

View Full Version : no picture or sound?

jmckba
26-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Flashed sporster pro onto my nokia dbox connected it to lnb on sat dish ... it scanned over 200 channels .... shows the channel list but when you select any there is no picture or sound? Help please!!!!

krazylegz
26-11-2006, 05:26 PM
you need a camd on m8 to open channels but also depends on what satellite and package you scanned as theres a lot cosed at the moment:(

jmckba
27-11-2006, 12:17 PM
you need a camd on m8 to open channels but also depends on what satellite and package you scanned as theres a lot cosed at the moment:(

Sorry to appear thick but I am new to this....what is a camd?
... the satellite was astra 19.2e and i used sportster pro. do i need an area services.xml file and where is the best place to get one for east scotland?
....channels were looking for epg and couldnt find it. ..... any help would be greatly appreciated....im just working in the dark.

krazylegz
28-11-2006, 12:56 AM
there isnt a lot open on 19.2e m8 nor on 13e at the minute either. a lot of the packages dont broadcast epg so thats probably why you couldnt view the epg.

a camd decrypts the channels that it can m8 like the easier narga encryption,but a lot are upgrading their encryption now to the likes of SECA,Viaccess etc,which aren't hacked

jmckba
28-11-2006, 07:27 PM
there isnt a lot open on 19.2e m8 nor on 13e at the minute either. a lot of the packages dont broadcast epg so thats probably why you couldnt view the epg.

a camd decrypts the channels that it can m8 like the easier narga encryption,but a lot are upgrading their encryption now to the likes of SECA,Viaccess etc,which aren't hacked

I flashed commando 6 onto my sat dbox2 nokia a600 and it went on a treat but when i tried to scan for channels it gave me a transponderscan failed message. The location settings seemed to be for cable only .... i set mine to dundee TW but still got the error message. Is commando 6 only for cable? or am i missing out some step. Your advice would be appreciated.

krazylegz
28-11-2006, 10:16 PM
all the dbox images from this site are for cable m8. even if you put in satellite services xml the camd wouldn't decrypt the channels as it's been edited for cable. you need a proper satellite image m8. i'm at work till 23.00 m8 and i'll have a browse 4 u when i get in m8