PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox with Tivo

jimbob2
24-11-2006, 11:28 PM
Hi I am waiting on delivery of my dreambox and I am wanting to set it up with my tivo, so the tivo can record. I know Tivo support it as it has the code needed but how do you get round the channel numbers and how do you set it up with the box only having one scart.

Yes I know, I'm thick, I'n new to this dreambox scene.

oddstruck
01-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Hi I am waiting on delivery of my dreambox and I am wanting to set it up with my tivo, so the tivo can record. I know Tivo support it as it has the code needed but how do you get round the channel numbers and how do you set it up with the box only having one scart.
Yes I know, I'm thick, I'n new to this dreambox scene.
I looked at this well over a year ago so my memory is a little hazy.
I changed the db channel numbers to that of the Tivo using, I think dreambox edit. This will only work with certain images, Gemini I think is OK but not Neutrino which I now use. I put the scart from the db into the tivo and the AV (red & yellow leads) to the front of the telly. There is probable a reference to this on one of the tivo forumns

jimbob2
04-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Thank you for your reply. I used Dreamboxedit and it worked a treat! I had looked on the Tivo board but it didn't mention the dreamedit by name...

Thanks again

teegee0001
09-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Dbox2 seems to run ok for me with tivo , in conjunction with serial port. used this method seems a good effective way of getting them to talk to each other dbox2 with Tivo?? [Archive] - Digital Forums (http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:SO6Xqm3rLuUJ:digital-forums.com/archive/index.php%3Ft-215307.html+dbox2+tivo+control+via+serial&hl=en&gl=uk&ct=clnk&cd=5)
not too sure if this might work with dreambox too .