PDA

View Full Version : dreambox v D-box

coling123
02-06-2006, 04:39 PM
just found out about Dreambox..so anyone care to elaborate what it is?
i have a d-box at the minute...but am interested to find out what benefits if ny a dreambox would give me?

westkill
02-06-2006, 04:53 PM
when u get a dreambox they are brandnew;dbox2 upto seven years old:(
channel change alot faster than dbox 8-}
dreambox is the size of a vhs video tape
dreambox no ucodes to change no avias 2 keep changing
nice little remote
i love it lol:)

Hunter
02-06-2006, 04:59 PM
DreamBox Question and Answers
Q: What the hell is a dreambox?
A: It is a new german box, that is basically an updated version of the Dbox2
Q: Whats better dreambox or dbox2?
A:DreamBox
Q:Where can i get a Dreambox from?
A: here DVB-Shop24 - The satellite tv shop for UK and Ireland (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and DM500 DM500C DM7020 DM7025 Dreambox Digital Satellite Receiver (http://satstore.co.uk/digirec.htm)
Q: There has been Many problems with Dreamboxes power supply, What Are they? And how do i Address Them?
A: The power suply the dreambox comes with is 12v with 1 amp , this is very weak and may damage ur dreambox, if you buy a dreambox buy a 12v with 3 amps power supply, as this will not cause problems and keep your box running longer.
Q: Does dreambox have interactive?
A:No, it doesnt have talkback
Q: Can it view all chanells that my pace 4000n can?
A:Yes
Q: Can i view ppvs on it?
A:Yes untill ntl switch to vod.
Q: Will i be able to Watch vod on it?
A: Yes, it is possible to watch PPV when your area changes over to VOD. However, do NOT buy a dreambox purely to receive vod, as you may be disappointed.

Q: Are they illegal?
A: no as they aren't the cc's property, but if you use it to try and get free channels without paying then it becomes illegal.
Q: Is this box safe will the cc know im using it?
A: no unless they phiscally see it.
Q:What box do i need if i am using cable in the U.K?
A: Dreambox DM 500-c
Q:Will there be a dreambox with a hard drive in being realeased soon?
A: Yes, there already is one Dreambox 7025 , it needs a few modifications before its ready to use on cable tv , and is capable of adding a hard drive on it.
Q: The dreambox 7025 sounds great shall i get one?
A: In my opinion no! Wait a while till more is known about these boxes and a few people have them as support will be very limited if any.
Q: Do you need a viewing card for Dreambox?
A: No a viewing card is not required (certain channels may be encrypted but these tend to be on Sat)
Q: What else can the Dreambox do?
A: Stream video from your PC, Newsreader, Dreamnetcast (Internet radio played on Dreambox) and even Weatherforecasts.
Q:Can the DreamBox do everything a dbox2 can?
A: a dreambox does EVERYTHING a dbox2 can do, AND MORE! The dreambox is a more powerful receiver, with a 100mbps network connection (compared to 10mbps on a dbox), therefore providing better stability and faster access.
Q: Can i use some of the interactive services provided by the bbc and other companies who operate on freeview channels by plugging a normal aerial in the DreamBox aswell as the cable feed? Also can I view Teletext?
A:You cannot directly access 'interactive' services via the Dreambox, this may change though as you can upload 'plugins' to the box one such plugin answers your next question, yes you can access teletext via the 'tuxtext' plugin, not available on all channels and not quite as quick as normal text but teletext non the less.
Q:if i get a dreambox does it come with a card for the image or do you have to buy separate, and what else do i need for programming it?
A:you dont need a card. to programme it you'll need a crossover cable and ideally a serial null modem cable as well as an image available from the downloads and a program to flash it such a flashwizard pro or universal dreamup both available from the downloads.
Q: I have heard of fake dreamboxes being sold, is this true , and how can i tell?
A: Yes this is true fake dreamboxes are being sold ,for more ionformation on this go here
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Q: Are there any new images comming out and will they be better than previous ones?
A: Yes , GECKO 2006
Q: Why has the price of dreamboxes 500-c gone up?
A: There has been a shortage of dreambox 500c's.

Q: Is it true of a new dreambox 500 pvr being released.
A:YES! should be released before July 2006

These are a few questions everyone wants to know mainly me so ive done some research, plse correct if any are wrong ., and add to the questions, and for all us who know the answers plse answer

cheers to x-pac

Donnie Darko
03-06-2006, 03:11 PM
There is also a myth that there are fewer images available for dreambox,in context yes fewer images supplied as plug and play(keyed).
But its easy enough to mod an image to your requirements.

classmate
15-07-2006, 06:24 PM
1st class info. Thanks Hunter007

calisto
20-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi Hunter,

Thanks for all the info, any idea when GEKO 2006 is coming out for the dreambox? I am still using UK05 Beta 90 at the mo.

Thanks
Calsito

dazbcfc
20-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Which is the best patch to use on the dreambox?

Sicilian
19-11-2006, 07:43 AM
Was searching around to find out about the Dreambox, for these nice Q & A's.

Would be nice if this was a sticky. :)

Thank you Hunter, great info.

Just a suggestion.

mrderekg
29-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Also thinking of upgrading from dbox, mainly for the integrated PVR due to become available with the 600, although the twin tuner 7025 also sounds appealing though a tad on the expensive side I think.

DessertDog
29-11-2006, 09:51 PM
stick to the dbox there is loads more support for it

Timoweb
29-11-2006, 11:58 PM
Q: Is it true of a new dreambox 500 pvr being released.
A:YES! should be released before July 2006

Excellent q/a m8, just one small point they are now calling this box the Dreambox 600C-PVR.

chickenlittle
30-11-2006, 11:17 PM
If you have the right image / signal on the dbox it won't freeze.

Nothing is perfect but at end of the day the dream is smaller and faster and hell looks fantastic with new skins and does everything the dbox2w does except one aspect : it only has one scart to the dbox 2's two.

So its like should i have a 7 yr pc or a new one ....

rah
05-12-2006, 04:05 PM
now the dreambox 600 is coming out the 500 should drop in price.
this would make dreambox v dbox match much closer.

Perfectionist
13-12-2006, 01:10 AM
When will the newer Dreambox be out ?? In time for Christmas ??

kryten77
13-12-2006, 06:02 AM
I have the satellite version of the dreambox (7200S) hooked up to a motorised dish. The channels available are almost endless , the keys-cams can be a bit hard to get and c*rd sh*ring is like finding hens teeth but once you do get all of this sorted it is brilliant.
Still got a dbox2 though.......bit of a belt and braces approach I know but hey I'm male and gadgets are a male thing arent they.

sposa
13-12-2006, 03:43 PM
There are other trypes of boxes aswell could someone please tell me which are the best to work in the uk but ideally would like the opition of the 2 turners and a built in HD so which brand would be the best???

Humax
Hyundai
Topfeild
Interstar

Hope some can let me know which is the best box all round.

All info is most grateful.

Regards Sposa

13-12-2006, 04:31 PM
i,v been reading all forums,, so i,m going to get a dreambox

notanotherone
13-12-2006, 04:34 PM
you wont regret it just remember it may come with the new tuners in it but np as there are good images going

Scotster
13-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Hate to pull up an old thread but i just got a Dreambox and even though everything is great it seems there is one major drawback.

I can't get streaming to the DB to work using VLC. Is this possible? There aren't any options in the menu so was wondering if there was a plugin perhaps. I'm using an enigma image at the mo.

Cheers

whirlweb
13-02-2007, 11:54 PM
You dont need vlc to stream to DreamBox -
You just need to set the share up (mount) correctly. Got to the menu and select settings/expert settings then go to communications/mounts .
1)type in the ip address of your PC then
2)slelect CIFS
3) dir should just be the name of the share without any slashes you have created on your PC. (Make sure you have a sub folder in the share called movie. give the user below full read/write permissions)
4)local dir set to /hdd
5)options = rw.soft.udp
6)extra = nolock.rsize=8192.wsize=8192
7)user= set a user name on your PC for this then type it in here
8)pass = set password on PC for above account
9)Make sure the username above has full read/write access to the share.
10)tick automount
11)select mount
13)Now press exit until you get back to menu then select file mode
14)select red for root you should now be able to select the movie folder and play any mpg's etc

Scotster
14-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Yeah setting that up wasn't a problem. Its not MPG's i have issues with its avi's. I have loads of series on my media center such as scrubs etc. If i convert them to mpg i either lose quality or they will be very large. Not to mention the amount of hours it would take to encode all of it.

I know it can be done using VLC, i just can't find an english guide.

Scott =op