PDA

View Full Version : freeview for pc

gamester06
19-11-2006, 11:07 AM
can some one send me the link for freeview on pc please. i cant seem to pm anyone thanks

Marbles
21-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Think you need a piece of hardware for freeview on your pc m8.
USB or PCI TV cards are cheapish now...around ?30.
You can get TV on your PC using software but it's streamed TV and not only can it be a hit or a miss as to the quality of the channel you are watching, there are time delays (obviously) and are very often foreign in their content.
The concept goes that while you watch the streamed programme on your pc you are sending out a stream too so others can benefit, and this is not the best use of a PC hard drive, in fact I hear that you can kill your HDD over time. Best make sure your important stuff aint on the same drive...incase this is true.
I prefer to use the TV card method...I get all of Freeview's FTA channels there.

I think that your post count contributes to your limits on the forum. So if you're patient, get a few posts together then soon you'll be sorted m8.
It's a great site... as you'll see.

majic
22-11-2006, 10:30 AM
I've got a freecom DVB-T card. Thats not too bad but the software sucks :-)
Although they have released some new BDA drivers and that means you can use other software like progDVB which I currently use.

As for topuptv. I think you can get a peice of software for emulating a CAM's using a card programmer that you can insert your topuptv card. I've never tried this though.

majic

berley
22-11-2006, 10:34 AM
can some one send me the link for freeview on pc please. i cant seem to pm anyone thanks

have you read the sticky above your post :)

http://world-of-digital.com/forums/f26/1166-freeview-codes-read.html

preetkk
22-11-2006, 11:17 PM
Nebula Electronics Ltd - If you want the best, you've come to the right place (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. that is the best freeview card to get for the UK the software is always updated too

24-11-2006, 10:22 PM
does anyone know where I can get a dual tuner freview pc card that gives rf and av outputs

jakebt123
28-11-2006, 03:26 AM
i bought the compro dvt card freeview , i set out just to buy a video ripper but this card had video baseband and svhs in as well as tuner 35 quid a few months
the chip on the card is the phillips sa type same as used in phillips home dvd recorders , it excels at video transfer from vhs cam etc , the freeview pics are excellent , downside is the software is a bit finicky when it comes to scheduled recordings but teh site seems to update drivers