PDA

View Full Version : CPU Fan Speed Registry Hack??

dx100-uk
19-11-2006, 01:37 AM
hi All
since i loaded IE7 & its assoc hotfixes etc
my CPU fan goes flatout all the time after windows has started, it does not do this until someone has logged in though!
i rolled back the installs - still does it.

sadly i have a motherboard the does not spt fanspeed/speedfan etc progs (no sensors are detected - though AiDA32/everest does show speed)
the dreaded Compaq presario cutdown K8S-LA with SiS760GX chipset

also i cannot change it in the bios - not there! nor find any bios upgrades etc bloody board!

i am now thinking down the lines of a there must be a reg value to control this
---any ideas where

else i will just have to rewire the fan to the 5VDC line as a last resort.

anyone elses thoughts welcome

dx100uk:grin: :grin:

y2krog2000
19-11-2006, 08:52 AM
There should be bios updates for compaq presarios, what model is it you have? I had a 6297ea and it was the only one that I couldnt get an update for.

dx100-uk
19-11-2006, 12:38 PM
sr1329-uk its a right pig.
lots of others have this update problem
on other forums by the look of things.
but i fancy trying to crack it!

dx100uk

y2krog2000
19-11-2006, 12:43 PM
see if you install everest home |MG| Free Download - EVEREST Free Edition 2.20 (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. there should be a bit on the program that will take you to any bios upgrades that you might be able to get.

y2krog2000
19-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Just tried it on my compaq and its asking me to buy a bios that they make upand it didnt used to but its still a good program.

dx100-uk
19-11-2006, 01:17 PM
yep i've got everest & used the link
the prob is the bios is a ComPaq special (v1.04)
there is nothing on the site.
i was toying with the idea of sticking anyother bios on there for its sister board which is all but identical bar its cutdown motherboard bit (the K8M series)
but i was reading on another board that i guy tried it & it screwed his system.

there must be a reg value fo the fan speed or temp sensor reading
i'll just have to find it cause this fan is going to go bananas and die at this speed soon.

tnx the help though!

dx100uk:mad: