PDA

View Full Version : Image Questions....

Lloydon1
17-11-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm buying a sagem dbox2 tomorrow, just in time to watch the boys do the business down under. I've checked F.A.O & Numerous net searches to find as much info as possible for the dbox2, although i still have one or two remaining.

If anyone can help me i'de be so greatful, as i really need to watch the ashes next week.

Someone told me that changing the image (ie Sportster) on a dbox 2 can help you find more channels, is that true?

Basically, i really want to grab a dbox just plug it in and scan for sports channels. Is there anything i should know in regards to say when i get it and plug it in, will that just pick up my area and find hidden channels? Do i have to connect to the net to pick channels up also?

Thanks in Advance and your time guys and gals.

Lloydon1

fergalsworld
17-11-2006, 03:40 PM
When you get it see what image it has on it.
If its coming from Germany it might not have a uk modded image on
which means you will have to flash it.
if it has a uk modded image on it all depends on which image is on it.
after you have set your details in the scan menu
sporster will take 30 to 40 mins to scan, newer images have the
setmylocation feature in which does this for you and only takes afew mins
to scan.
Also in the scan menu set bouquets to leave existing.
if you have to flash it get the right image type 1x or 2x depending on
how many chips it has.
it does not have to be connected to the net to get channels just the feed.
Click my signature it will tell you everything you need to know about the box.

Lloydon1
17-11-2006, 04:53 PM
UK Neutrino tux image for Cable, is that any good for what i want to pick up ie Cricket, Footy etc. It's from the uk, so it's modded.

fergalsworld
17-11-2006, 05:00 PM
You might have to do a scan then thats all hopefully.

Lloydon1
17-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Thanks fergalsworld, what normally does the scan bring up in the way of channels, many hidden items??

Thanks for your time much appricated.

Lloydon1

fergalsworld
17-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Thanks fergalsworld, what normally does the scan bring up in the way of channels, many hidden items??

Thanks for your time much appricated.

Lloydon1
Between 200-300 some of these are the same ie:bbc1 all regions etc
but you will get everything else you desire lol.

Lloydon1
17-11-2006, 05:16 PM
The guys just rang me and told me that the Sagem Cable Dbox2 is Pre-installed with tux image configured especially for sagem dboxs to take advantage of the faster processor.

No more software need to run already just to set area code from menu and scan. You reckon i'll get everything i desire for the Ashes Fergalsworld??

Is the Neutrino tux image the latest and best image for the sagem processor?

Speedy2206
17-11-2006, 05:22 PM
...configured especially for sagem dboxs to take advantage of the faster processor

There is no such thing. Nokia DBOX and Sagem DBOX both have the same processor - a 66MHz IBM MIPS PowerPC for STBs. There is an AViA 500 and an AViA 600 which is sort of like a processor but there is not a speed difference between them.

Sounds like you've got a UK image on it already. Just hit scan and all the channels will come through - all the movies, all the sports, everything. You wont need to do anything else for it :)

Just out of interest; is this box from a UK trader and how much did you pay?

Lloydon1
17-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Looks around ?100.00 mark. Although it comes with a U.K Plug, F-COAX Connecter, Dbox for dummies, U.K Images, Software for modding, Null cable modem cable, network crossover cable and the U.K Tux image. Not sure if i payed over the odds, there no stripes on LCD Display. Just need it for the cricket and footy hopefully. There a 14 day guarantee aswell, U.K Seller.

Speedy2206
17-11-2006, 05:31 PM
That price is around average :) From the post I was expecting you to say that you were being charged around ?300 for the box! Bearing in mind the fact that you get a null modem cable, crossover cable, decent image already on there, f-coax connector and the software I think its a relatively good price.