PDA

View Full Version : d box for sky or is it cable only in uk

nickyg
16-11-2006, 07:36 PM
hi, sorry if this is a dumb question but a freinds asked me to find out if a d box will work with sky(as i have telepest tis not a prob for me but anyhow)i know that there are d boxes for cable or satilite but will a sat box work with sky in the uk and if so is the setup similar to the cable ones,cheers.
p.s sorry if this should be in the sat sections.

fergalsworld
16-11-2006, 09:43 PM
You will not get sky on a dbox2 sat box but you can recieve other channels.

I will move this to the newbie sat section for you.
http://world-of-digital.com/forums/f119/

nickyg
16-11-2006, 09:47 PM
cheers for reply and for moving to appropiate section(you got my intrest by the way ,can you elaborate on what channels one might recive using a sat d box),cheers,nick.

Speedy2206
16-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Well basically SKY UK isnt 'cracked' so to speak. You will really only be getting foreign channels (some may have english subtitles or audio tracks), and this may involve having to buy a bigger dish and repositioning it (which requires accuracy). If possible it would be alot more beneficial to get a DBOX for Cable.

nickyg
16-11-2006, 11:22 PM
ok thanks, like i said above i have a dbox and im on telepest the info was for a friend,sounds like more hasle than its worth to be honest but ill pass on what youve said and leave it up to them,cheers.

marco2662
18-11-2006, 07:25 PM
will my dbox 2 work in the north-east with my sportster pro image connected to the cable feed in the wall

dx100-uk
19-11-2006, 01:04 AM
yes
as long as its telepest or NJL

dx100uk

krazylegz
19-11-2006, 11:00 AM
ok thanks, like i said above i have a dbox and im on telepest the info was for a friend,sounds like more hasle than its worth to be honest but ill pass on what youve said and leave it up to them,cheers.

the only channels you will recieve is FTA channels like channel 1-5 and cbeebies but you get more channels on a freeview box as the likes of skysports news,e4 isn't avaiable without a valid subscription on slys satellite which is astra2 @ 28.2 e. you can get sky on a dbox if you've got a valid subscription but you'd have to ring them up and pair the card with the box but once it's paired to the dbox thats the only box you'll be able to use the card in,not worth it m8.

if there're serious about satellite get a motorised system which you can get the french package tps (13e) and D+(19e) open quite easily which show more upto date films than sly and can be listened to in english if the film was made in english,get loads of XXX and footy

FreddyFr0g
03-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Saw lots of talk about having Sky with card sharing... that is using a DBOX sat as well.... just thought it was worth mentionning

krazylegz
03-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Saw lots of talk about having Sky with card sharing... that is using a DBOX sat as well.... just thought it was worth mentionning

dboxes are one of the worst satellite boxes there is as there's limited support for them and very old now.

if anyone wants a linux based reciever consider the much better alternatives such as the dreambox range(500s,7020,7025) etc and also the new technomate 9100

Mickey Padge
03-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Or the reelbox too, although thats in very early development still.

FreddyFr0g
04-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Dboxes are quite old but they still can run same emu as dreamboxes so support in that respect is the same... and they can now have a incorporated HDD. But to answer to the origal question. The hassle free way of getting sky is probably to via cable