PDA

View Full Version : unable to find the mtd3.img file to backup

bonkers69
15-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Still being a newbie, I am even more confused than ever, I have 2 Sagem Dbox2's. One is a 2x Intel, the other is a 1x Intel. I have succesfully made a backup of the image from the 2x box, this was in a temp folder and called mtd3.img
I am unable to locate the same file on the 1x box! There is no temp folder (no, I didnt power down the box), I have tried several times following the TUT's available here. I have looked in all the folders and cant see it anywhere. I am using FTP with XP, and seeing the folders in the Dbox without any problem.
Also, recently the 1x box has decided to only work on FTA channels, I presume I need a later image, currently running a version of Sportster Pro, dont know how to determin which version.
Can I use any of the images available such as Commando 5 or 6 having converted from 2x to 1x using "Image Cloner"?
Or would it be better to convert my saved 2x mtd image, convert it to 1x and upload to the 1x box? If so, which folder do I put it in?
Sorry for all the questions, but I am at a loss as to what to do next!
Any suggestions would be appreciated, many thanks.

:please:

maxqa99
15-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Strange one this. Not having a dbox1x I assume it backs up in the same way as a 2x image. Doesnt it usually say on screen where it has been saved, and like you say , should be in the /tmp folder. ( not temp just in case you are looking for that ! )

Maybe you dont have enough space in memory for some reason, hopefully others may know more......

bonkers69
15-11-2006, 07:40 PM
yes, your right it is /tmp, but still no sign of it, I am as confused as ever!

bob14
19-11-2006, 06:30 PM
hi
hope this helps
with the dbox connected to a pc
on dbox
Press the D-Box Key
Choose Service
Choose Software Update
Choose Expert Mode
Choose Write Single Partition without Bootloader.
open up tmp file click mtd3.img file copy ,then paste to file on pc
note I found that when I done the steps on the dbox turn off then connected to pc lost tmp file

bonkers69
24-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Thankyou for your suggestion, I did try all that anyway, but gave up and reflased the box with Commando 5, now the mtd3.img file appears where it should!