PDA

View Full Version : funcards

yamahaman
02-06-2006, 10:28 AM
hi new to all this used to do ondigital in its day. but could someone tell me the basics for cable etc what funcard will work best places to purchase the cards etc i have a few gold cards in my possesion but need to know are these useless for cable thanks in advance

Chookey
03-06-2006, 06:24 AM
hi new to all this used to do ondigital in its day. but could someone tell me the basics for cable etc what funcard will work best places to purchase the cards etc i have a few gold cards in my possesion but need to know are these useless for cable thanks in advance
Hello yamahaman, I have just registered and haven't surfed all of the forum yet so don't know what tutorials are available as yet. Assuming that you are a complete newbie to cable, enter "noviceangel cable guide" into your browser and have a good read. It is fairly outdated now but will give you a feel for what is required to mod a cable box. It will also make you familiar with the jargon that we use. This will make our replies more clear to you when you ask for more assistance.
Personally I only use funcards for testing purposes now and prefer the funcard 4 which I bought from Unapit. They even give you a free lollipop with your order!!. I am not 100% sure but don't think the gold cards are any use for cable boxes.