PDA

View Full Version : some help

boabness
14-11-2006, 02:44 AM
right got ma boy a 360 for his crimbo a want tay get it modded , a hav rakes of xbox backups will they play the way they are with this firm ware hack.

marvinx
14-11-2006, 01:55 PM
How have the backups been made? Are they on double layer media? Do they have the SS patches on them?You will need to see which drive is in the unit,if the date of manufacture ( on the back of the 360...you can see through the flap on the box)is before july, you should be OK, if its after , you might have the new Hitachi, which needs surgery on it I'm afraid to get the firmware in

boabness
15-11-2006, 10:56 AM
so u cant just play your old xbox backups on it them , ma date is the 2006-09-04

marvinx
15-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Hi Boabness, it won't let me reply to your pm as I don't have 15 posts! Whats all that about then...crazy! heres my reply I tried to send you

hi m8 you replied 2 ma xbox post how do u work out the date hears ma date is that April or sep lol
2006-09-04 and its a Hitachi drive a hav so it has the 2 holes at the site off the dvd try when you open it they can be modded now cant they ?

Well mine is 2006-03-14, so it looks conclusive that yours is Sept.its the hitachi which could be one of the un-flashable types read here
Help Hitachi-lg Gdr-3120l - Rom Version: 0078fk ? - Scenyx Entertainment Community (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=550452)

The only way to do them is to remove the chip( after removing the glue on it). It may not be one of them yet so don't panic quite yet.you will have to go into the console to find out. Heres a handy tip, you can remove the security microsoft sticker in one piece if you heat it with a hair dryer, and remove whilst hot if you are careful. f its not the right drive, could you take it back and get your cash back maybe?

All the best