PDA

View Full Version : Screensaver not working

G Man
12-11-2006, 06:30 PM
Hi guys,

Just finished setting up new computer and only thing not working is screensaver, it just will not work. I can go into settings and preview works OK but no matter what time I set it will not cut in. Any ideas?
Regards G Man

Jango
21-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Is it a screen saver that comes with Windows or one that you've loaded on yourself ?

G Man
22-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks for reply. This is a windows screensaver. I have tried several different ones without luck. It also appears that the monitor does not tun off when set to do so in power settings. Any ideas where to look??
Cheers G Man

krayZpaving
23-11-2006, 03:47 PM
The most usual thing in those cases is that your mouse or keyboard is doing something that's stopping the computer from thinking it's "idle". Does your mouse move of it's own volition sometimes? Try unplugging the mouse & keyboard, and see if it'll go into the screensaver then.

G Man
25-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Thanks kZp. Done as you suggested and it does work. Any idea where to go from here?

Regards G Man

dx100-uk
25-11-2006, 02:07 AM
so which is it then?
mouse or keyboard doing it?
;;)

G Man
25-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi
It appears to be a problem with the receiver. it does not work if you take the batteries out of both mouse and keyboard. As soon as you disconnect receiver screensaver kicks in. I have reverted to wired mouse & keyboard and everything is OK. I will take cordless to work on Monday & try it there. Will post outcome then.
Regards G Man

G Man
29-11-2006, 01:38 AM
Hi

Tried mouse & keyboard on different computer and they work fine. Will just carry on with wired variety at home. Thanks to all for comments and suggestions.

Regards G Man