PDA

View Full Version : I'm in Hong Kong. Help

BigDave99
12-11-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm currently in Hong Kong and I'm able to get a PS3. I know there are difficulties in UK movie playback and utilising older games, but I'm tempted.

Anybody got a thought, I've seen this article?

BBC NEWS | Technology | Sony to 'block PS3 Euro imports' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6076354.stm)

Gazer
12-11-2006, 02:58 PM
I think i would be tempted too but dont know if there would work over here unless it was multi region, what sort of prices are they working out at over there Bigdave ??

stickywicket
12-11-2006, 03:06 PM
just a personal opinion, but if it was me id grab one. the braggin rights alone would be worth the money. if you found it wasnt compatable get use of it till europe release then flog it. youd probably make money on it. because of the worldwide market now shouldnt be hard to get the games you want.

BigDave99
12-11-2006, 05:30 PM
I think i would be tempted too but dont know if there would work over here unless it was multi region, what sort of prices are they working out at over there Bigdave ??

They're working out at around ?280, but I haven't formally started the 'haggle ritual' which you're expected to undertake. I reckon they'll go for around ?250 ish.

BigDave99
13-11-2006, 10:28 AM
They're working out at around ?280, but I haven't formally started the 'haggle ritual' which you're expected to undertake. I reckon they'll go for around ?250 ish.

Right. Managed to get one. 60Gb version. Looks very interesting. Not many games around, I had to search to get the unit too. Got it for ?260, they won't discount much at all. It's got a UK plug and works on 240V. Blu Ray no good for UK apparently, and it won't play PS1 or PS2 games. When I get back I'll update the post.

Cheers.

Gazer
13-11-2006, 10:38 AM
Well you got one :) thats the main thing, any chance of taking a couple of pictures of it, and posting them on here and let us know the model number of it, any info on this would be good ta m8

Regards Gazer

BigDave99
13-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Well you got one :) thats the main thing, any chance of taking a couple of pictures of it, and posting them on here and let us know the model number of it, any info on this would be good ta m8
Regards Gazer

Sure, will do, back in UK next week. Looking at a Canon 400D too, but I'll go to another thread to talk about that.

Talk soon.

stickywicket
13-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Right. Managed to get one. 60Gb version. Looks very interesting. Not many games around, I had to search to get the unit too. Got it for ?260, they won't discount much at all. It's got a UK plug and works on 240V. Blu Ray no good for UK apparently, and it won't play PS1 or PS2 games. When I get back I'll update the post.
Cheers.

can i come live at your house 4 a while, i dont eat much an i wont make much mess(ill stay in the same spot other than 4 piss breaks)

BigDave99
14-11-2006, 05:42 PM
can i come live at your house 4 a while, i dont eat much an i wont make much mess(ill stay in the same spot other than 4 piss breaks)

Sure you can be my Phillipino house boy. Interested?

I have to say having done extensive research over the last 2 or 3 days Hong Kong is not the electronics mecca it once was. Sure you can still get some real cutting edge gear and kit you won't find anywhere in Europe, but the days of 40-45% discount are no more. I looked at the 400D and it was only ?30 cheaper than ebay and I looked at a Archos media player (5 actually) and they were all cheaper on pixmania. I came here 10 years ago with my father and it was bargains galore, but sadly now it is just choice at a price. Great trip though. Singapore is meant to be still cheap, any one know?

Fraudster
18-11-2006, 11:10 PM
that ps3 is at a pretty handsome discount

im thinking of importing one and have been quoted $(50

if you go back out there or know anyone who is then please lmk and ill give you the money for 1?

sorry if im being cheeky, the shy boy gets nothing though

mburns
19-11-2006, 09:52 PM
I was going to import 12 PS3's from hong kong, but the were working out at double what you got them for dave, also, Jap consoles a regoin free, thats where my dad got PS2's when they came out, they all worked fine and not had a single complaint about them

Also you are not allowed to sell PS3's on ebay until march next year :(

Wll done on your discount
Mick