PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft

bhoy100
09-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Just a quick question, do I need to subscribe monthly to play this, don't want to buy it then find out I have to pay more to play it..

y2krog2000
09-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Aye m8 you do but if you want to try it buy the trial from game for %u00A31.50 or %u00A32 gives you 2 weeks online play, at least you will know if you like it.

BTW I had it and thought it was rubbish. Also heard there were some free servers but I couldnt get any of them to work.

JackPumpkinKing
16-09-2007, 12:53 PM
There are tons of free servers if you dont want to pay to play. Most of them will have guides on how to connect to the free server as well in case you cant get them to work.
Just google world of warcraft free servers.

steve07951
17-09-2007, 06:07 PM
some of the free servers have loads of people on them i'd get the game the free server's always worked for me

delnoch13
10-10-2007, 12:32 PM
I've played on the free servers but personnaly prefer the official due to bugs on the free ones.

If you get as addicted as I do then the monthly cost/play time is worth it.

jahilton2002
24-04-2008, 02:51 PM
hmmm i have a friend @ work trtin' to get me on this.... i'm gonna get the trail... but if i join up he gets a month free iirc? never even played wow thou... normally play fps... so i'll try b4 i buy i think

solemnknight
01-06-2008, 05:54 PM
i dont think you need to subscribe monthly to WoW, you can buy prepaid cards for it and put them in once you set up an account. This gives you the flexibilty to play when ever you want without worrying that when you're not playing, you're wasting money.

marra
16-06-2008, 02:15 PM
ive just downloaded it because my mates been telling me about it you get 10days free with the download then its ?7 a month after that and if you buy the game you get 30days free game costs about ?8, i didnt know there were free servers ill look into them, thanks

DeckerZ
09-11-2008, 03:50 PM
I've had an account with the private servers for months now. There are a few problems I'd like to air. Firstly, like already mentioned there are bugs as the update patches are not applied, so we are stuck with the bugs. The bugs can be from quests being bugged, thus unable to complete to falling from the map and dying.
They can be very populated and there are frequent server disconnections and reboots. So you could be in an instance and the server disconnects you, which aint so good.
There are god features, like higher drop rates, better griding for gold etc.. and the XP you get from killsand quests are far higher that that from the official game server.
I have a few accounts with level 70 and lower characters. Must say though, my main hate is the disconnections, they can put me off playing sometimes, and giving that games are supposed to be entertaining, they don't entertain when this happens. But they are FREE to play, lol
Here's a link to show my WOW setup using my Matrox Triple Head to go
YouTube - World of Warcraft Using Matrox Triple Head to Go (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5RRXvKxXqYQ)

deejayyy
29-11-2008, 04:15 PM
If anyone would like to sign up i can refer someone that gets us both benefits.

email me at To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. if anyone would like to be reffered.