PDA

View Full Version : loosing signal

acoustics
08-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Hi to all
I am new to the freeview section from the dbox section as my father has bought a durabrand box from asda for his caravan but when he switches of all power when he comes home the next time he starts it he has to reprogram it all over again, It's to far for me to look at so any help would be grateful and keep him of my back.
MANY THANKS

dx100-uk
09-11-2006, 02:09 AM
it will
a caravan and temp and time will prob discharge the back up cap used to store scanned channels.

i'd have to look at the circuit of the box to confirm this, but as other boxes i know do this, [but not all] i'd guess this is the case.

dx100uk

acoustics
09-11-2006, 05:41 PM
Thanks dx100uk
Sorry I should have said it was a static caravan, don?t know if that makes a difference.

Cheers m8

dx100-uk
09-11-2006, 11:18 PM
ok
well i was more falling on the side of him turning the darn thing off all the time
as it was a caravan [safety] then p'haps its a good idea regardless of movable or not.

now if it has 'other' mains driven stuff running, why not keep it powered? but on standby ?
i use the 12v models cause i'm like your dad! use tents though!
mine dont lose their settings/etc.
i just wonder if it IS the answer here.

dx100uk

pahubb
11-11-2006, 07:16 PM
This should not affect it has i have had my box unpluged for about 5 months and it still is the same when i have come back to it unpluged.
i suspect it is the boxes fault as it is a cheap one and will not store the information with out power.
so the best option whould be a upgrade if it is bothering him that much.

jakebt123
01-12-2006, 02:44 AM
i bought 2 durbonds from asda , cant say what would cause that , but look on the bright side there cheap have rgb out and are one of the fastest to boxs to tune , like everything else you always get the odd faulty one even in the "best make
"

thisnthat
11-12-2006, 03:56 AM
My father has bought a durabrand box from asda for his caravan but when he switches of all power when he comes home the next time he starts it he has to reprogram it all over again

I am having the same problem - but mine is on at home and when not being used is in standby mode.

For a few days on the run now I have had to re-setup the box as when I switch it on its as if I have just took it out of its box and it goes through the first time installation.

Not going to out up with it after monday though as I can see myself doing it all over christmas (the box would be smashed into a million pieces by new year) will just take it back to Asda - Durabrands always seem to die on me, DVD Player, Kettle, and now my freeview box.......

Oh well, you get what you pay for

Cheap Prices = Cheap Quality

Merry Christmas All