PDA

View Full Version : Scart to VGA

hotbaws
03-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Hi,

Sorry if this post is not in the correct area however I do not know where else it can go. If any mod feels it should be moved, feel free.

As the title suggests I was wondering if you take a scart socket output (from a sky/cable box), can this be converted to a vga input so that it can display on an LCD tv/monitor?

I have seen cables which have the connections (scart at one end and vga at the other) on the net/ebay but I don't want to jump in and buy one if they won't work. Some of them use examples such as sky box scart to projectors vga.

Any advice would be appeciated.

Regards,

Hotbaws

seamouse
04-11-2006, 10:13 AM
what are you going to be scarting from? you can try also hdmi or a scart to hdmi or a scart to dvi

hotbaws
04-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I want to take the scart output from my telewest box and use the vga input for my lcd tv. I have seen converter 'boxes' which require a power source which convet any input to vga however I was wandering if I could just use a cable which has scart at one end and vga at the other.

I didn't know that you can convert scart to hdmi?

Regards,

Hotbaws

seamouse
04-11-2006, 04:25 PM
saw it someone for a coverted, but was ****

Timoweb
04-11-2006, 04:38 PM
I wanna do the exact same thing but a Scart to VGA cable is ?50 in maplin, a bit much if it dosent make much difference. It should def work though!