PDA

View Full Version : Undeleting A File

Declan
02-11-2006, 11:15 PM
i deleted a file called school.doc using the shift + delete way and then about 10 minutes later i realised i need that file, does anyone know how i can get it back?

Thanks Declan

stickywicket
03-11-2006, 12:03 AM
depending on any encryption software your using, (which im assuming your not) any of the file recovery software should get it back for you. google file recovery and itll give you any amount of software for this, tune up utilities has this function if your using it. if the file was deleted recently the little app i attached should recover it for you, run the app then run it again from the installation folder, choose your harddrive and run, itll bring up your deleted files.

jmce
03-11-2006, 12:36 AM
Firstly, I'd advise you to stop general use of your computer straight away. Simply viewing web pages might cause the spot on the disk where the deleted file is to be overwritten.

As completely ceasing use of your PC is impractical, a good defensive move right now would be to clear as much disk space as you can. This reduces the likelyhood of that spot being overwritten.

I've used this utility before with some success:
Active@ UNDELETE Data Recovery. Recover Deleted Files. Windows XP 2003 2000. NTFS,FAT32,EFS. (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Hope that helps.

Cheers,
J

dx100-uk
03-11-2006, 02:09 AM
download a prog called restoration.exe
works on memory cards & use sticks too.
and its free

dx100uk

stickywicket
03-11-2006, 03:34 AM
download a prog called restoration.exe
works on memory cards & use sticks too.
and its free
dx100uk

guess you dont read all of the post, look at the second post, guess whats attached lol

quark01
15-11-2006, 02:55 PM
r-studio is the best I have used but PC INSPECTOR File Recovery is freeware