PDA

View Full Version : i'm struggling here.

sprally
31-05-2006, 10:33 PM
atmega 163, tw, pace 1000, dynamite prog, trying everthing but nothing working, any body out there help me? i have my bk and ird, i just can't seem to suss out the rest, i have read the tuts but there not written for a total novice (thicket) like me.
i need somebody to tut me from start to finish?
there's a drink in it for you!

IAmATeaf
01-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Run the toxic exe, put in your IRD and BK, save this file away as your external eeprom file. It'll be saved as a bin file so you may need to convert it to hex using swapbinhex.exe. Use the flash for your area, make sure you have the latest dated 1 you can find so for excw the file is dated around 7/3/06.

Write the flash to the flash and the external eeprom to the ext eeprom area, job done.

1 other thing, if the atmega has been used before it might be worth doing a format on it. Also depends on your progger but sometimes you may need to write to the card a few times before it takes as some progger/software don't report back errors. If in doubt try and read back the contents of the card, when reading read the flash first and save away and then read the ext eeprom file.

Once the card has been done, put in box, leave the box on channel 5 and wait, you may need to wait sometimes upto 15-20 minutes.

Also check the status of the card in the Eng menu, it should report paired and OK dependant on the box and what menu page you are looking at, this status can also take a few minutes as the box boots to register. If the status is something else then either post here or try progging the card again.

JIMMYQ
07-06-2006, 05:57 PM
are you sorted mate?

IAmATeaf
07-06-2006, 06:04 PM
are you sorted mate?

I think he is, had a PM from him thanking me.

JIMMYQ
07-06-2006, 06:11 PM
I think he is, had a PM from him thanking me.

nice one mate and good to see you :)