PDA

View Full Version : freeview

superally360
31-10-2006, 03:43 PM
can anyone help, is there a way that i can use freeview programs on more than 1 telly as i dont have a box in my sons room but would be handy so that he could watch ceebebes ect

regards
superally360

systemfailed
01-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Well I don't have free view, haven't actually seen anyone with it either, but splitters might be an option.

dx100-uk
01-11-2006, 12:35 PM
if your freeview box has a UHF TV O/P them you could run from theat with a long cable, or use a scart splitter and again run a long cable.

the other method might be to get one of these scart TV wireless resenders.

by whatever method, you son would have to watch what you are on the freeview box though.

TBH: you will prob be paying the price eqiv to a new freeview box anyhow, soj why not buy one for you kids room? then all you will need is an aerial feed

dx100uk
:47:

y2krog2000
01-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Have to agree it would probably be cheaper and better just to buy a new box they are under ?25 at argos. If you live in a strong signal area you should be able to use a normal portable tv ariel to pick up the stations.

jmce
03-11-2006, 01:06 AM
The likelyhood of you being successful at splitting the signal without the use of a signal booster may also depend on the type of arial you use.

If you haven't already done so, I'd strongly recommend using a modern arial spec'd for digital terrestrial. In my case, this made all the difference.

Cheers,
J

pahubb
11-11-2006, 07:12 PM
You can get a wirless senders quite cheap now a days so this whould be your best bet.
I will still be better and easyer to buy another box if there is a arial in his room
look at Maplin > ittUSB Turntable with USB Audio Interface (http://www.maplin.co.uk/)

Freeviewer
12-11-2006, 01:15 PM
There's really no way to guess. The Freeview box requires at least 25dB "headroom" so, if your splitter reduces it below that margin, it won't work.

I found the following on the web.

The Rimax Dual Wireless Audio/Video Sender comes with a receiver and transmitter, and allows you to broadcast the same or two different AV signals through multiple walls to TV sets in other rooms, where others can enjoy programs with clear pictures and sounds. Probably what your looking for but it is ?49.99.

I would suggest the Fusion FRT103 Set Top Box at ?19.99 from argos.