PDA

View Full Version : animated lcd logo help

aldo2332
28-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Hi can anyone tell me what the animated lcd logos are? Are they displayed on boot up or some other time?
I have read the faq as guided to start_neutrino but that hasnt helped.
Can anyone tell me exactly how to transfer the .ani file to my dbox?
Thanx

Jimbags
28-10-2006, 10:10 PM
When I tried messing with them I ended up wiping the boot all together lol, had to reflash with IFA

Speedy2206
28-10-2006, 10:23 PM
OK the ani file can go ANYWHERE on the box really, but I would stick it in /var/bin or /var/etc. Call it something like animation.ani

Then open up the start_neutrino file (which is located in /etc/init.d or /var/etc/init.d) and add this line to the very top of that file:

aniplay /var/bin/animation.ani &
(the & bit is very important)

Now look for a line that says something like: neutrino -u -f -f -u
Directly above it, add the following:

killall -9 aniplay
Then save the start_neutrino file and upload it back to the box.

The start_neutrino file must be CHMOD 755, so that it can execute at startup. If you do not give the file 755 rights then your box will fail to boot.

Also as a side note, do the editing in a piece of software like TextPad (TextPad - the text editor for Windows (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. as things like Notepad and Wordpad cannot edit Linux files properly and will cause the box to crash :)

aldo2332
29-10-2006, 10:11 AM
I will certainly give it a go. Thanks very much for that. It should be helpful mate.
How do I know if the start_neutrino file os chmod 755? (I use Sportster 17+ ).
So I take it that its an animation on the lcd when the box is booted.