PDA

View Full Version : Hdtv

Ian
26-10-2006, 09:00 PM
What am i looking out for when buying one?

y2krog2000
28-10-2006, 06:04 AM
Cheap LCD TVs from PC World - Buy the latest HD Ready TVs, Plasma televisions and Flat Panel Televisions from Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic, and Philips. (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. click on the bit that says flat panel tv buyers guide, but you only get what you pay for and if you buy a cheap one you might not get very good picture quality.

flyer1
07-11-2006, 04:04 PM
cheers m8t nice reading learnt something new today thanks

Dunc
08-11-2006, 04:53 PM
try this link good prices if you are looking for a samsung .....never pay first price yoTo view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. see....

t_t
20-11-2006, 11:27 PM
As for any decent TV you'll be looking out for decent picture quality, high contrast ratio (so blacks look black), good sound clarity, and connectivity.
Traditional CRTs have the best contrast and also the best picture quality, but are not HD.
HD Plasma and LCD TVs throw up a new deciding factor, resolution. Standard def TV in PAL format has 576 vertical lines, that are interlaced. 720p (p=progressive scan) has a few more vertical lines and therefore a better picture with more detail. A 1080i set has more lines and again more detail = better clarity, but this improvement cannot really be seen on sets below 50" imo. A 1080p set draws all 1080 lines in one scan, so again the difference is not too noticable on smaller sets. Also not many sets support a 1080p input, even some that claim to be 1080p. More here (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. For connectivity i would recommend a decent HDTV to have:
atleast 2 RGB capable scart sockets
D-Sub pc input
1+ HDMI socket (HDCP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDCP) compliant)
1+ component inputs