PDA

View Full Version : New to dreambox nearly done

Englishbeat
31-05-2006, 04:21 PM
I bought a dreambox and have followed the guide by Osborne and am so close to finishing but not quite there.
I'm up to transfering mgcamd1pre1.tar.gz to the dreambox into the root /tmp folder but when I try to do a manual install it finds the file but then says Failed to install.
I am using gemini 2.9 and im not connected to the internet yet, if i do connect it will into a hub, what network connections should I change from being just connected to a second network card in the PC.
I did have a neutrino image up before but a lot of channels were very pixelated even after I bought a signal booster so I thought I'd have a go on a Gemini.

Devilfish
31-05-2006, 06:01 PM
You will need to change the NameServer and Gateway to the ip address of your router/hub.

IMO Gemini is a lot better for reliability than any Neutrino image! It's never frozen once since I put it on.

Instead of doing a manual install, you could try copying the mgcamd file to /var/bin.

holla
30-07-2006, 12:05 AM
gud luck with ur d box man dont give up

zaf786
30-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi it,s a common problem with dm500 not enough space in var try modified gemini290 or 3.00 max/var images plenty of var space in these images**Zaf786**